Thread: psp2k battery advice

DCEmu Newbie

Default psp2k battery advice

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a PSP 2000 which on battery, lasts around 4h more or less. I've spent quite some time looking to buy an extra battery as I have some upcoming trips which are going to be quite long (20h+ travel time) however, I couldn't find anything reliable and that's why I'm hoping to get some advices from this forum.

The PSP Extended Battery Pack looks promising but I couldn't find it online or in any shops (probably because it was put off the market). One can buy the 1200mAh battery but at 40$ that's ... well, way too expensive for what you get (imo).

I've looked at 3rd party batteries, read the forums and reviews and it doesn't look good. I found items like this one (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16689) which promise a lot of power but end up delivering 10x less, in many cases even less then a standard PSP battery.
    I own plenty of AA/AAA rechargeable but I haven't seen many solutions around them plus I read on the forums that the voltage/current variations might hurt the PSP.

Anyway long story short, I'd really appreciate any advices in getting some extra juice for my PSP. I'm realistic so having 2200mAh for 30-40$ would be swell.

Thanks a lot!

As I think the extended battery pack is no longer available, maybe you could try puting one together yourself

buying the batery cover and the stamina battery from sony
    Last edited by mike_jmg; November 20th, 2008 at 19:28.

Funny how we can't buy genuine PSP Slim Batteries off the shelf.

Wally

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    As I think the extended battery pack is no longer available, maybe you could try puting one together yourself

buying the batery cover and the stamina battery from sony
    Hi Mike,
    I can't seem to find the stamina battery either. That was originally aimed at the PSP 1k and I suspect the extended pack was just rebranding.
    Anyway, have you seen the stamina battery anywhere? I know there are some offers online but all of them that had reviews, turned out to be fakes and I suspect most of the others(if not all) are as well. But I might be wrong.

Thanks again!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Funny how we can't buy genuine PSP Slim Batteries off the shelf.

Wally
    Indeed! I find it ironic that I can't buy a decent battery from Sony even though I've searched several hours for it. I even looked at buying second hand batteries but it turns out most of them are fakes after all...

This is really weird, I don't seem to find it either, the only ones I found are the cheap ones, therefore fake ones

I'll try searching some more, I might need to replace my battery some day as well

Thread Information