Shredmaster Hero on Tour Controller
Manufacturer: Nexilux
Site: Buy from TotalConsole
Price: $14.99

Overview : Portable guitar controller for Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite.
  • Shredmaster portable controller
  • Adjustable strap
  • Instructions booklet

Quality/Usability : The Shredmaster Hero on Tour Controller is a 3rd party peripheral for Guitar Hero for the Nintendo DS. The controller plugs into SLOT-2 (bottom of the DS). Installation and buttons is the same as the controller pad that comes with Guitar Hero On Tour.

Inserting the controller pad onto the DS is a little more stiffer. The buttons are also stiffer as well. The backside of the pad is a velcro padded strap for securing to your hand. During gameplay, the buttons worked well but to me, it felt a little uncomfortable. This could be because of my big hands.

What would of been nice would probably be a slight curve on the back of the pad where my palm would rest. When holding the controller, my hand is not flat like the controller. It arches a little. This would make holding the controller pad a little more comfortable instead of making my hand strain.

Conclusion : Overall, the Shredmaster Hero on Tour Controller is good as a replacement but wont replace the original. So if you broke the original pad that came with the game or purchased a used game without the pad, you'll need this in order to play the game. Installation and buttons are a little stiff for my likings. I prefer my buttons to be looser. Price is fairly cheap. Also, with the new DSi coming out, this controller pad will be useless.

Images via comments