Zodttd who amusingly has used (for want of a better word) our Home of Homebrew Slogan has released a new Beta release of his GBA Emu for iphone, now to download a beta release you need to pay him for the priveldge which may not sit well for the homebrew purists.

heres whats new:

Although I've been sick all day today, I managed to fix the bug stopping me from updating gpSPhone. Then something truly awesome happened... I noticed I was clearing the instruction cache in gpSPhone's dynarec incorrectly.

Performance has been vastly improved due to this fix!

You may have noticed in previous versions of gpSPhone that games would seem to have improved performance after doing similar routines over and over again. This was due to the instruction cache of the dynarec being cleared incorrectly and now that it's fixed, you should have much smoother gameplay.

Both landscape and portrait modes are included and I've fixed a few bugs, implemented multitouch, and fixed the controller issue with Metroid Fusion.

What's the catch? Well sound playback has gaps in it, but I believe it's due to my code for handling those odd pauses in gameplay described above. I will get that worked on. I removed the bookmarks option as it really didn't seem to be used. What may be a dealbreaker though, is the removal of the options panel. This is temporary though. In the meantime I suggest using the volume controls on your iPhone/iPod to control volume. I want to have a good way of inputting cheatcodes before I make a release with the options screen.

http://www.zodttd.com/boards/blog/zo...hp?showentry=7