Thread: pomDS v2.0 - Apple 2 Emulator for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS pomDS v2.0 - Apple 2 Emulator for Nintendo DS

Alekmaul has released a new version of his Apple 2 Emulator for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

V2.0: xx/yy/2008
    * Much faster since the 6502 integration of ARM assembler
    * Great sound enhancement
    * Format supported NIB
    * Sorting the list of files and nib dsk
    * New interface (a big thank you to zeblackos)
    * No need Roma Apple] [(Integrated Program)
    * Management mode of the DS (the cover closed pauses execution)
    * Added alpha LERPAS for a more smoothness on the screen
    * Added the possibility to safeguard the display BMP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Nice dude, keep up the good work man.

DCEmu Pro

I guess Alekmaul is back! Just when it was getting quiet around here emulation wise, he updates two of his wonderful emulators! Nice updates too.

I'm crossing my fingers in silent prayer for a pokeyDS update too.

Gotta love Alekmaul

DCEmu Regular

Yes a big thanks to alekmaul for this and other updates.

Can anyone tell me what exact files are needed as i have had trouble running this due to some confusion ?

paul

DCEmu Rookie

This is working so much better than the last version. The last one I could really only play text adventure games. The action games didn't play very well, now they play a lot better. This is the computer I grew up on. I learned to program basic on it. Our first computer was an Apple II+ with 48k of ram, 1 disk drive, and hooked to a television. This was 1979. Later we got a 16k expansion board to bring the memory up to 64k so we could play SkyFox.

Like I said I programed on this computer in Apple Basic in Juinor High and High School and won a regional computer programming competition in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. I lived in Oregon. We had 2 hours to program a fully working Scrabble Game complete with sound and a flow chart. This computer brings back a lot of memories.

Then in 1984 we sold the apple and got an IBM because my dad worked for the State Highway Department and needed a computer to do databases and spreadsheets like the one he had at work.

Thanks for bringing this to the NDS. I have emulators on the PC but am having a lot of fun with this portable version.

DCEmu Newbie

Works good here too, AmeDS V3 was also a great improvement over the last version, now I hope AlekMaul can improve Pokey DS in a similar way, can't wait to play Koronis Rift and Fractalus in Pokey DS.

Pomds 2.0 is working, but many games have issues. The main problem is the joystick or keyboard control makes all game characters go to the upper left. When I play Choplifter or Caverns of Callisto the helicopter or guy automatically flies to the extreme upper left.<br><br>When I launch Castle Wolfenstein the game has an error when I try to select K or J. Basically the games launch but are unplayable.

DCEmu Pro

Unfortunately this is true for most games. No joystick support, no saves and the keyboard seems bugged. I sure do wish he had updated this with those features. Apple II is such a classic system with such a variety of games.

Thread Information