Thread: Resi 5: Console exclusives revealed

ps3 Resi 5: Console exclusives revealed

via Computer and Video Games

When you're finally able to grab a copy of Resident Evil 5 next year, you will find different goodies in the box depending on which console you buy it for.

Capcom has revealed a bunch of console-specific exclusive extras, giving multi-platform gamers a bit of a decision to make.

The PS3 version will come with a special making-of video feature, which was apparently made by Hollywood staff (so hopefully a little better made than some shaky cam footage in a dull motion capture studio).

On the other hand the 360 version will come in a metal case with a soundtrack CD included called the "Biohazard 5 Selection Track", according to Japanese translations of the official Capcom site.

The 360 extras will only come with an initial 'Delux Edition' allotment, and when they run out you'll just get the game on its own. Whereas the PS3's video comes on the same disc as the game, so expect that to be a permanent extra.

Capcom also revealed a special Limited Edition version of the game (pictured), which comes in an even fancier box, packing a 2GB USB memory stick, a 32-page art book, and a waist pouch that resembles one used in the game.

All very nice. Which version will you be opting for if you own both systems?

Limited editon box here

That makes no sense. Why can't both versions come with the same things? And if that LE version is coming out in America, I'll definitely get it. So tell me...is it?

wtf, 360 gets a better deal again

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lmtlmt View Post

I suppose music is better than a crap-tastic-no-body-ever-watches making of video, but it no doubt costs extra...

To tell you the truth I am happy about this. When I first started reading I was worried the 360 was going to get some ACTUALLY USEFUL content (a mini-game, extra ending, etc) that the PS3 wasn't...

So to read that its nothing more than a movie/music disc, I am quite happy.

Quote Originally Posted by lmtlmt View Post
    Like you won't be able to download both of them within 24 hours of release anyway. Paying for games is one thing - I've got no problem with that. But if I've paid for the game, I have a hard time seeing a moral problem with getting the 'extra' content - that's free - elsewhere.

Thread Information