Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psix News

Blog Entries

Default Psix News

Fluff posted this news:

Psix, setting a whole new level of homebrew quality
    From every angle psix emits a glow of pure quality, combining both breathtaking quality graphical interfaces with easy intuitive control systems, from the many onscreen displays you always know exactly what is going on, be it the current song, or if usb is enabled, even if software on the psp requires an update!
    Get ready for the new beginning.

Massive feature list
    With the additional feature of being able to update you're software on the fly, psix makes sure that you're gaming experience is the best it can possibly be.
    Stay tuned for the complete feature list, to be released her very soon!

Extended module system
    Imagine a wireless server module, you could share you're files wirelessly with other friends running psix, a radio module, listen to internet radio or even stream music off a friends psp!
    The possibilities are endless, and it's all within our grasp!

Just what is this worth?
    While we have no price set in stone at this time, the full version of psix will most probably be set between $7 and $15 per license, this license covers all future updates and patches, and also gives you access to the development forums where you can take part in discussions with other developers and suggest things which may be added to psix!

Hmm, thoughts on this?

what doesnt sound like anything i would use

DCEmu Newbie

Well this sounds wonderous... Especially The streaming music from another persons psp... Even more interesting is the fact that you could do all these things from a single program. Although most things that sound this good... are not. Still I know that makeing something like what you are saying could take a while. When you guys get this program out it would be worth the wait if its as good as your saying. There are all kinds of things possible. So many will be waiting for some evidence before they belive that it will be as good as your saying. If you CAN do all this it will be worth the wait though. Maybe add a phone like feature to it using the psp's mic

-Ayiden-

What i wanna know is:

is this a firmware replacement, a bootable firmware (a la firmware launcher), a non-firmware homebrew (a la PSP OSS) or something else?

does this load current homebrew from it? does it load linux software (or psp-adapted variants anyway?)

does it load umds? if so, could it possibly be modified to allow firmware emulation for booting all umd games (i.e. GTA - the one and only reason i'm not using PSP OSS..)

OTHERWISE it sounds really awesome... incredible, beyond any other homebrew development so far.

It is a bootable homebrew application.

It does load homebrew from it.

It will load UMDs.

Hope that helps!

In order for this program to be worth it, it better have every feature mentioned... On top of that, a working method of loading the missing PRX files needed for 2.00 games...

Home brew was intended to be free, this has lost the means of the community, and it may as well fail out like the PSPadvanced program...
    PSP Q3BSP Projekt: Here
    Iris Wiki Database: here
    Iris Game Info: Here
    Iris Addons: Here
    PSP File Shack: Here

why should i pay for homebrew... which is not even meant for the PSP...AND homebre IS meant to be free...

DCEmu Newbie

While I am very surprised that wraggster has said only 'thoughts on this' and not outright decrying someone wanting to make money, here is the way the world works: people want/need money to live.

Like any product, people can choose to be compensated for their time spent or give it away. In this case, fluff wants the money so why does it matter? There is no written law that homebrew has to be free. Look at e-depot, they have shareware for the PSP.

This is not a debate on whether the program should be free or not, it's a decision if you want to pay for it or not. And to those saying they will pirate it, the only way your friend is going to get this is if they get your PSP with it since fluff will handcode individuals' MAC addresses into the PSP. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you do want it, then pay..no need for 'thoughts.'

Default derka derka

the reason its retarded is if you want to make money you should get a job for a company that will pay you to make advancements in gaming software or hardware

"the tools to make this costs money" isnt an excuse, if you worked for a company to do this type of thing, youd have acess to alot more free

if you cant get a job doing this thing, then dont try to put a price on it,

or simply

if you cant afford to make homebrew for us psp fans, dont make it

i hate sounding rude but its pretty clear cut, if im doing a project to make a great thing greater, i wont charge people for downloaded content, a cd or an accessory i can see and hold in my hand, yes

theres profit and non-for-profit

choose one, if you make something that proves to be great, i can assure you, some people will gladly donate to your cause, but i can say this and i know people will agree...

the psp homebrew scene isnt a place to make profit, with the exception of physical advances like the psp hdd or this memory card converter im hearing about.

i wont pay for this, its not like i have any money in the 1st place but i wont be forced to enjoy the psp more with help from fellow fans

EDIT: didnt want you guys to think i meant just the $$$ involved, i understand it takes time and dedication to do this

so il put it like this; name one great emulator that charged its users? SNES SEGA, even 64 and arcade, all took IMMESURABLE amounts of time and dedication, all the great emulators that il remember untill i quit playing video games WERE FREE!

simple, charge money and youl flop, its a proven fact in homebrew, if you need time, take it, if you need money, deal with it or stop working on this project, its your decision to make this

im not saying its wrong to charge, im saying pspadvance HAD some potential... i rest my case

its a pc program, il use p2p, sorry dude, i hope you understand >.>

DCEmu Newbie

I PM Fluff from Fanjita's forum about the PSIX loading from the EBOOT Loader (as he stated in his sig) but no answer. Many ppl around there were saying it was a lie... I also asked if it would boot from the photo folder in the XMB and load (like the EBOOT Loader) using Fanj code to load EBOOTs in 2.0 and I'd love to have an answer on this. It seemes great but I'm only interested if it's 2.0 compatible (even if it has to be a stripped-down version at the beggining - Fanjita's progress on the loader may fix that later on - you rule Fanjita!)

I have a 2.0 for the browser. It may be slow as hell but it's the best alternative I have to carry my 5kg laptop around in a backpack and it does do the job (fast WiFi in campus ).

About paying... I guess everyone in the PSP comunity would rather the download page being full of adds, having tons of pop-up and hell even having any sort of spyware (at least one we could easyly get rid of ) than paying a cent (donating would be also possible since some ppl like it). If you really want to make money out of this you would. The project seems great and I bet online game stores would also be happy to sponsor you. Keep homebrew free man! We don't actually need to pay for you to get the money...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information