Updated release from Okachobi

A version of SDL Paradroid compiled for the Wii to fill the void in the U.S., where the virtual console lacks C64 games. This version is created from the GPL'ed source code from SDL Paradroid and uses the same data files. The source will be released in accordance with its original GPL license as soon as I get to a stable version. I had considered abandoning the project because of the virtual console version, but then realized its not available in the U.S., and noticed that there are at least 2 PC remakes of Paradroid and several for mobile platforms. So if you like Paradroid and live where it is available, support the virtual console by purchasing it. Otherwise, wait a little while and give this port a try.

This version is in no way derived from the version available on the Wii Virtual Console in Europe. All code and graphics are from the freely-available SDL Paradroid released in 2002 under the GPL license. It has simply been patched in various ways to be compatible with the Wii Homebrew SDL library.

12/4 - v0.4 Released!
I believe the final major crash bug has been fixed
No longer alpha! Ready for inclusion in homebrew browser.

Changes in v0.4
Yellow and Red Alerts no longer continuously contribute to your score.
This was a feature of SDL Paradroid, but not the original C=64 Paradroid. It caused an issue where the backlog of points tricked the game into believing you were on a continuous rampage and never lowered the alert states since it detected a killing spree by looking at the score backlog. This may have worked ok on the PC, but its possible that when I changed the frame-rate timing method that it broke the timing that made this work. It was a good feature in SDL Paradroid, but at least for now its gone.
Now Yellow and Red Alerts will give bonuses for all bots destroyed or overtaken
Bugs fixed around actual number of levels and macros that defined max levels - I *believe* this was causing the crashes by overrunning buffers (this wasn't an issue in Paradroid SDL because it statically allocated the level array to the max allowed levels and not the available ship levels. When I changed this code to do dynamic allocations this apparently caused this issue)
Memory leaks found and fixed
Birds-eye view map offsets fixed
Scoreboard should be fully functional
Boundary checks added for level array to prevent bad x/y coords from crashing game- though I think this might have been caused by the level mismatch bug

Known Issues
Lift teleport issue- lift on a certain level will teleport you to another lift if you activate it, then exit without changing levels
Bots sometimes get confused or stuck - but hey, they're bots, right?
Sometimes after a successful transfer the transfer sound doesn't play and you exit the transfer screen immediately
Occasionally it seems like a successful transfer results in a tie- but its likely a display update issue

Download and Give feedback Via Comments