Thread: Little Ninja - New game by Yuan Works in the works !

Dreamcast Little Ninja - New game by Yuan Works in the works !

Yuan Works of Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles fame are working on a platform game called Little Ninja:

"The game will sport a very japonesque look, featuring a lot of rocks, rivers, waterfalls, exotic trees, and cerulean skies. (Which pretty much renders our “keep it simple” useless…)

As for Ryuuhi, I still haven’t fully decided on the final look he will have, but he now has several animations, all running at full 30 fps. I swore I would never animate anything at that rate again after Wind and Water. But oh, well.
    "

-Links-

DCEmu Regular

Just from that little "wip" pic I can tell if it plays well that I will definitely be buying it. I already like the style of it. Plus platform games are one of my favorite type of games to play. Best of luck to them.

Dream Coder

This isn't DC news, it's DCS news.

Quote Originally Posted by YuanHao
    Again, Little Ninja is NOT a new DC project
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Though it's not sure that it does not come out for Dreamcast.

Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    This isn't DC news, it's DCS news.
    No. - Why would I post DCS news (other than if it's related to the DC scene as a whole, or a site restructure) ?

http://dev.yuanworks.com/2008/11/25/...et’s-go/

Quote Originally Posted by Yuan-Hsi
    We’re not sure when it’ll be released as this is just starting! The game will have this look through a CRT TV (as it is intended for 240p). Handheld (versions) will look pixel perfect.

Again, we’re not sure, but Dreamcast if very possible

All they meant to say was that they are not doing a Dreamcast exclusive game. And I guess the publishing will depend on the conditions that redspotgames (or GOAT) can offer, and how much demand there is for a game like that among our fellow Dreamcasters.
    Last edited by Christuserloeser; December 9th, 2008 at 00:19.

DCEmu Regular

Hmmm...I wonder if since they're talking about handhelds if they're going to try to release it on the gp2x and Wiz. Also I wouldn't doubt if a Pandora port would be made as well, considering the talk of just needing a recompile. Not sure if it would really be that simple. Just the fact they're working on a new game is good enough for me.

Thread Information