Thread: All homebrew on 2.00: the multi-pass-through method

Default All homebrew on 2.00: the multi-pass-through method

I was daydreaming at school the other day and hatched another idea, but it would use a lot of PSP RAM. This does not work yet because of some sort of bug, but it looks like it could easily be fixed.

Run the Firmware Launcher through the EBOOT loader to load 1.50 firmware and play homebrew. You may think that this could not be possible due to kernal mode, but I have tested it. If you pick the launcher from the menu, it will tell you that it appears to be kernal mode, but by pressing X, the launcher starts. If using 1.3.7 u5, you can even switch the special mode ON and OFF without problems. But, if you press X to begin firmware emulation, it freezes and turns off. The fact that the launcher actually starts is a development in itself. If Fanjita can somehow figure out a way for the firmware launcher to access the dumped files, we would be good to go!

Why is it called the multi-pass-through method?

2.00 VSHELL > EBOOT Loader > EBOOT Loader Menu > Firmware Launcher > 1.50 VSHELL > Homebrew
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

PSP User

I think there is a better chance of all 2.0+ games running on 1.5. That would be better, anyway. Interesting idea, though.

yea not a bad idea, but wouldnt a flash nand writer make more sence? i mean, just psar-dump the firmware 1.5 (or 1.00 even) and the 2.0, and use the psar for say gta, on the eboot for 1.5 installing, so therefore you would get a 1.5 firmware with homebrew, and all the required files for GTA, or any other game requiring 2.00 firmware for that mater

What is a flash nand writer?
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

Thread Information