Thread: MS clamps down on Resi 5 demo

xbox 360 MS clamps down on Resi 5 demo

via Computer and Video Games

Microsoft has clamped down on overseas Xbox Live users getting their hands on the Japan-only Resident Evil 5 demo, disabling online co-op for anyone outside of Japan.

The highly sort after demo hit the Japanese XBL Marketplace last week, and expectedly Western Xbox Live users have been scrambling to get their hands on it by making dodgy Japanese Gamertags.

In an attempt to stop the West getting at the full demo, Microsoft has begun tracking the IP of those playing Resi 5 and blocked Japan outsiders from playing co-op games online.

Why Microsoft and Capcom are so determined to stop us from playing the demo is anyone's guess, especially considering it has a global release date in March.

Capcom has said that Europe will be getting the demo - which is already in full English - "a bit later". We're probably looking at early 09 then.

And I was having so much fun whyyyyyyy capcom whyyyyyyy!!

This has come from Capom and not MS.

On Capcom unity capcom have said that the rest of the world will get the demo... 1 day after the actual release of the full game (I think its March 19) lol. Capcom has said that they did not want the demo to be released now outside of Japan as it 'dooesn't fit in with their marketing strategy'?? ...all very strange? ...even stranger is that the demo is all in full english (sound and subtitles), plus it doesnt mention biohazrd at all and instead is branded resident evil?

The demo is pretty cool though.

Also this is really a double post. lol http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=174911
    Last edited by Baboon; December 11th, 2008 at 20:26.

DCEmu Regular

What kind of world is it where I am actually blocked from playing a game of my choice...

...Oh yeah, the one where Microsoft Controls

Quote Originally Posted by Harshboy View Post
    What kind of world is it where I am actually blocked from playing a game of my choice...

...Oh yeah, the one where Microsoft Controls
    You can still play it, just not co-op. I was actually playing with japanese folks at times hah then when I created games I would get english folks hah

Thread Information