Thread: 13-Year-Old Stabs Brother After Argument Over Play Station

Blog Entries

Forum 13-Year-Old Stabs Brother After Argument Over Play Station

A 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged after allegedly stabbing his 16-year-old brother with a kitchen knife after an argument over a Play Station, police said.

Baltimore County Police spokesperson Corporal Mike Hill says police were called to the home on the 7900 block of 33rd Street in Rosedale at around 5:30 Thursday night.

The two boys had an argument over a Play Station. The 13-year-old boy then went into the kitchen, grabbed a knife and stabbed his brother one time.

The 16-year-old was taken to Johns Hopkins Pediatrics where he is being treated with non-life threatening injuries.

The 13-year-old was arrested and charged as a juvenile with first-degree assault. He is being held at the Charles Hickey School.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/s...JT5o3i6uw.cspx

DCEmu Newbie

My brother once stabbed a kid in the cheek when he was 11. We were at a Boy Scout camp, and he was defending another kid who was being picked on. Does this mean that Boy Scouts promotes violence to such a degree that 11 year old kids are stabbing each-other on a regular basis? No. Did this make the news? No. My brother was sent home. The wound was shallow, and the kid who was stabbed never went to the hospital. If the cops were called, he would have, and they would've referred to it as a "non-life threatening injury." My point is this: the only reason this is news at all, is that a playstation was involved, and it is just sensational enough that the headline would grab viewer's attention. Kids are impulsive, and sometimes they're violent. That's to be expected. But I have to think that if a playstation wasn't involved, this probably never would've made the news. Reporting this will only enrage people who already think video games are the work of Satan, therefore, I am officially nominating The E.W. Scripps Co. who originally reported this (not you wraggster, you're cool) as Douche-Bag News Company of the Week.

Thread Information