Thread: Darkstalkers, A Moments Fight

Blog Entries

NDS Darkstalkers, A Moments Fight

News/release from funkystuff

Anyways since nintendo never got us this. I am starting to make the game. Demo & Source in attachment.

Warnings: On hardware it seems that the 3Dsprite flickers when jumps and the preview of the stage in the stage selection flickers too. Lame i know. but i dont know how to fix it.

If you want to contribute, view the source and try to figure out how fix some bugs or what not. Or maybe make my code better.

Things left to do:
    Set Screen border < currently you can walk off in to entirnity
    Get NPC in there < this should be very easy
    Get Collisions between Player and NPC < I have no idea
    Get NPC to have AI < over my head ATM
    Get the rest of the music for all the stages < so far i only have 2 stages music, i haven't put them in though. If i cant find the 20 others ill just take some recommondations

Feel free to do what you like, and comment too!

I DO NOT PLAN WIFI! I DO NOT TAKE CRAPPY SPRITE SHEETS! I DO NOT TAKE MORE MAPS! I DO NOT TAKE ANY OTHER DESIGNS FOR THE GAME(UNLESS ITS INSANELY GOOD LOOKING WHICH I DOUBT)! I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MAPS AND QUITE A FEW CHARACTER SPRITES(I haven't bothered to make their sprite sheets cause i soo lazy) Yeas i know felicia is black. I made her that way. In the next release with 2 characters Felicia will be fixed and have more moves! Do not worry interface isn't final, i just needed a quick mock up.

Felicia Move Set:
    A = Jump
    B = Kick
    X = Punch
    Down = Crouch
    Down + B = Crouch Kick
    Right/Left + X = Super Swipe

Right now the sprites are on a 128x128 grid sprite sheet. I will change this so its 256x256 so that i can have maximum animations(ie those super cool giant attacks). This will make collisions very hard though. As i will need to base the collisions off how big the sprite is at that time. Or frame. I really dont know how im going to do this. I may just end up staying with 128x128 sprite sheets(but that would suck ass).

Well enjoy!

EDIT:
    I totally forgot credits
    Nightfox for his lib duhs, its super awesome.
    uh lets see. Anandjones, Strattion, and some other ppl i didnt mention, im sure, for helping me figure out how to put this $#@!, i mean stuff together.

One last thing. I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING! except maybe the code? Capcom own everything im pretty sure. this is FREE, although donations are accepted

don't forget to comment please.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

well despite the $#@!yness and obv ego problem the coder seems to be having, i have to say i do miss the old darkstalkers, lets just hope he is good as he talks himself up to be.

Only one way to find out

Thread Information