Thread: PS3: Not Just For Games Anymore

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3: Not Just For Games Anymore

Starting tonight, our Video Delivery Service campaign officially launches with our first airing on Monday Night Football, but we're giving our loyal fans an early look right here.

When the Video Delivery Service launched on July 15th, we broadened our content offering to include TV shows and movies to make the PS3 the total entertainment package. With nearly 1000 full-length movies and 2700 TV episodes for download onto the PS3 or PSP, the Video Delivery Service brings you digital entertainment right into your living room (popcorn not included). So check out great titles like The Dark Knight, Han$#@!, Iron Man, Family Guy, and much more.

The TV spot uses humor to convey that the PS3 is not just a gaming machine but also a "movie downloading machine" when a guy tries to win over his skeptical girlfriend. You'll have to watch the TV spot to find out how this classic guy vs. girl face-off plays out to see who wins in the end.

And don't forget, you only have until December 31, 2008 to save $150 on the purchase of a PLAYSTATION 3 by signing up for a PlayStation credit card!

We know you guys are a vocal group and we look forward to reading your comments. Enjoy and roll the video!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...games-anymore/

This is where the PS3 went wrong I believe.

They are focusing on it being a entertainment system, not a gaming console.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Maybe the gaming part of the PS3 isnt as popular since they still are (i think) making good games for the PS2?
    tho i cud be very wrong.
    the graphics on the PS3 are good so i think adding the movies and stuff is fine...as long as they dont stop making games for it altogether...

Steering away from games is not helping them. The PS3 isn't a cheap Blu-Ray player anymore. Now you can get Blu-Ray players fairly cheap, so that aspect of the market is gone. I'm glad they have a video download service, but seriously, games, please?

DCEmu Regular

I liked the fact ps3 is multi use, every1 has their own taste, gaming or not, i use it all and luv it, im getting annoyed of articles over the net, one sec yay! ps3 is good, then boo ps3 doing bad, SHUT THE F-UP! just like ps3 home ppl moaned because delayed, now it's here they moan about it, again SHUT THE F-UP! lol it's a beta... ps3 is going to get better and better

Quote Originally Posted by Twinights View Post
    Maybe the gaming part of the PS3 isnt as popular since they still are (i think) making good games for the PS2?
    tho i cud be very wrong.
    the graphics on the PS3 are good so i think adding the movies and stuff is fine...as long as they dont stop making games for it altogether...
    They were making PS1 games 4 years after the PS2s release. They support their consoles.

As for the multimedia, not bad. They have something to fight against Netflix on the 360 now. Just focus on keeping more exclusives before anything else.

does this mean canadians will be able to download movies and TVshows too now?

as far as i know its an "american only" thing

DCEmu Newbie

I hope Canada is included in this.

I'd still like to see more quality games though like the old PS systems.

Thread Information