UltraPandora Installer v4c or UPIv4C for short, it's a very useful Homebrew that, (as it's previous versions 1, 2 and 3) helps you create magic memorystick and softmod the battery in order to make it pandora. (pandorize). This homebrew can only be run in Custom Firmware PSP (slim or phat) only supported by versions 4.00m33 (any update) 5.00m33 (any update). With UPIv4C you don't need to run Despertar del cementerio (DDC for short or you may have heard of it as "Awakening of the cementery", its the same) you can run DDC from inside the homebrew, which makes things more easier and less complicate. Also, it allows you to choose which version of DDC would you like to install: from v3 to v7 (really useful if you installed a new CFW and you didn't like and you'd like to go back) or prepare a magic memorystick to install 1.50 (the golden firmware) in any PSP phat. You can use UPIv4c to install TIME MACHINE from dark_alex.
DDC v7 installs 4.01m33 directly
What do you need?
-A PSP wtih Custom Firmware: running either 4.01m33 (any update) or 5.00m33 (any update).
If you don't have one, or yours is bricked and cannot run the program, borrow one from a friend, this PSP will be unmodified.
-a Memory Stick Pro Duo:
Min: 256 Mb Max: 4Gb
Note: it is recommended that you use less than 2 Gb, but 4 Gb ones work most of the times.
-A Battery (charge it at 100% before, to avoid problems)
List of compatible Batteries: http://tinyurl.com/4dfe5m
-An USB cable (for PSP)
Or, if you have a MemoryStickPRO adaptor and your PC/Laptop has a card slot for it. The important thing is that you can have a way of transfering the files into the memorystick.
-UltraPandora Installer v4.c (created by Marce_82)
I've prepared an installer (winRAR SFX module) to make things easier. It will put the program directly into your memorystick with just writting the drive letter of the PSP that appears in "my computer". Download
To begin, you must delete any custom theme installed on the CFW PSP (PTF themes) and use Sony Original theme. If this PSP is using CTF themes, delete it from the themes menu as if it was a PTF applied one. If this PSP uses a theme installed in the flash0, then it's alright, you can leave it there. If you have important files that you would like to conserve in your memorystick, then make a backup of it in your PC.
1. Launch USB connection on the PSP. Open the installer. Replace the X letter for the drive letter of your memorystick/PSP. If you don't know which it is, then go to "My computer" and see it. When the instalation is done, the installer's window will close automatically.
2. Go to the game menu and launch UltraPandora Installer v4C.
It has a very pleasant Graphic user interface, simple and easy to use. It looks like one of those oficial sony updates, but with menu. lol. Navigate with the D-pad and enter with X. Go back with O. You can go out to XMB with Home and yes, like you normally would from any normal game.
3. Enter the 2nd option on the menu: Format MemoryStick. This will do a logic format and repartition the memorystick, preparing it, in order to make it magic. This step will delete EVERYTHING on the memoryStick. It will ask for confirmation, Choose YES. When finished, it will come out to XMB.
4. Decide what CFw you want the memorystick to install. It can install: 3.71m33, 3.80m33, 3.90m33 and/or 4.01m33.
-If you want it to install 3.71m33, then you must put the sony official update file 3.71 and put it in the memorystick renamed as 371.PBP
-If you want it to install 3.80m33, then you must put the sony official update file 3.80 and put it in the memorystick renamed as 380.PBP
-If you want it to install 3.90m33, then you must put the sony official update file 3.90 and put it in the memorystick renamed as 390.PBP
-If you want it to install 4.01m33, then you must put the sony official update file 4.01 and put it in the memorystick renamed as 401.PBP
The Magic memorystick can only be configured to install one version of CFW at a time. So, you can't choose them all, just one. And according to what version you choose now, you'll also choose the version of DDC to install further on.
5. Repeat Step 1 and 2
6. Enter 'DDC menu', and launch the DDC version that you want to install. Remember that you must choose now according to what you chosen before at step 4.
> If the magic memorystick that you're creating is going to install 3.71m33 (and so for that you placed the file 371.PBP on the memorystick during step 4...) you will launch DDC (despertar del cementerio) v3. And so on with the others...
-371.PBP = use DDC v3 = that hacks directly to 3.71m33
-380.PBP = use DDC v4 = that hacks directly to 3.80m33
-390.PBP = use DDC v5 = that hacks directly to 3.90m33
-401.PBP = use DDC v7 = that hacks directly to 4.01m33
-DDC is Despertar del cementerio for short (tranlates in english: awakening of the cementery).
-Don't use DDC v6, cause it's the same as DDC v7, so therefore, use v7.
-Those who have hacked PSP before, you know that the eboots 150.PBP and 340.PBP are needed, but im not mentioning them, why? cause the small installer package that i've prepared before has already putted those in your memorystick for you, cause those are the ones that are required for all DDC versions.
7. The DDC version that you choosed will load. "Press Cross to begin installation" Press X to begin. Make sure that each line ends in OK. When is all done, it will say "Done, autoshutdown in 7 seconds" (except in DDC v7, in which you'll be asked to press x to exit). It will come out to XMB.
[If you Picked DDC v5 or v7, jump to step 9]
8. Launch UPIv4c (yes, Aka step 2 lol). Enter IPL menu. Choose "Install MsipL.bin". Wait until it's filled out the blue bar and it shall return to the main menu of upiv4c. Go back to IPL menu and choose the option "conver msipL.bin in IPL TM format", when the bar is filled, it will return to the main menu of upiv4c.
9. Enter IPL menu and choose the option "install time machine boot". The screen will go balck and you'll see the memorystick LED blinking. When it's done, it will return to the main menu of upiv4c.
[At this point, the memory stick is magic]
To create the Pandora's battery (softmod, of course, so much safer)
a) Enter "Battery Options"
b) Choose "Make battery pandora"
c) Wait until the blue bar is filled and it will return to the main menu.
[If you picked DDC v5, do this last step]
-Launch the USB connection (you may use the USB connection for Upiv4c menu, entering the first option in the menu and choosing memorystick, or, well you can most likely use the normal usb connection from XMB).
-Download this patch
-Open it up, Replace the X for the drive letter of your PSP. (this is like you did in step 1).
USAGE OF THIS PANDORA'S BATTERY
While this battery is used with this magic memorystick, you'll have to press and hold the up button from the D-pad when you want to enter "service mode" (use L trigger if you used DDC v7). If nothing is pressed while turning on the PSP or sticking in the battery, the PSP will land on XMB like it normally would. If you use this battery with a normal memorystick, it will automatically enter to "service mode". This fact is due to the Time machine boot IPL. This gives you the confort that after you hack, you don't need to make the whole charger operation just to get to XMB and make the battery normal.
TO MAKE THE BATTERY NORMAL:
a) Enter Ultrapandora installer v4c from the game menu.
b) Enter "Battery options"
c) Choose: Make Battery Normal
d) you're done!
TO MAKE THE MAGIC MEMORYSTICK NORMAL:
simply format it from the PSP settings menu or format it using the PC.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)