Thread: redspotgames: Future of Dreamcast depends on Wind & Water

Dreamcast redspotgames: Future of Dreamcast depends on Wind & Water

Jun Misugi aka christluu recently interviewed Max Scharl of redspotgames, publisher of Yuan Works' Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles:

Max Scharl: Some magazines and websites consider this puzzle game as by far the best game independent of the Dreamcast. However, it is much more than a simple puzzle game. The story mode provides access to a world map like Super Mario World and several mini-games of different genres (racing, RPG, QTY ...)

We have devoted great efforts to promote this title, for example by being present at the Retro Classic Gaming leave-on-Thérouanne (or Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles was officially put on sale on 1 November 2008) and the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, the exhibition games the largest in Europe.

Jun Misugi: Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles is now released for several weeks and received in all good criticism. Are you satisfied with the sales?

Max Scharl: Selling new games for older consoles is very different from what is happening to the current generation of consoles. For the Dreamcast, this means that most of the copies of a new game will not be sold during the first months as is the case with the titles of the current generation. But it takes a year or two years, the demand is constant if you are advertising again and again. We have more mouths to ears, and will be better sales.

Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles is a puzzle game and thus more difficult to sell that shoots em up to the Dreamcast. But thanks to the many presentations at large exhibitions and events, we will ensure that capacity to make famous. We also have good contacts. This game has already been announced several times on television and has been tested in magazines known as gamesTM.

Jun Misugi: Do you plan to continue to release more games for Dreamcast?

Max Scharl: To be honest and to the point: It depends on the sale of Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles. We have already noticed a decline in demand for Dreamcast games in the past, there are almost 2 years during the release of our first game Last Hope. If the application is guaranteed, we will, of course, publish other games. As against, if demand falls we can hardly cover expenses. We will review later.

Jun Misugi: Could you tell us about your future plans?

Max Scharl: We are currently looking to become a publisher, distributor, promoter and reliable for several platforms and retro alternative. Supporter independent developers is very important for us and we want to give them a chance by bringing their games distributed on the market more professional as possible.

All independent programmers can contact us on http://www.redspotgames.com and we will see how we can realize their dreams of having a professional outlet for their games. Do not hesitate and enter your chance!

-Links-

Dream Coder

You mean 'future of redspotgames on Dreamcast depends on Wind & Water'. There will be other publishers.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Yeah. Actually 'future of commercial games on Dreamcast published by redspotgames depends on Wind & Water' but I couldn't fit it into the few characters allowed at DCEmulation.org, so I shortened it and kept it when reposting it here.

DCEmu Regular

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    i really hope that they will more publishers to keep the Dream alive but i do hope to wind and water.I hope to reach high sellings in oreder to see more swett new comercial games for Dreamcast.As the time go by sad and unfortunately the third party publishers for the Dreamcast are dissapearing : (

Like Quzar said, even IF redspotgames would stop publishing Dreamcast games, there still are other publishers like HUCAST and GOAT Store.

All that can be done to support redspotgames is to order a copy of Wind & Water, if that doesn't help, then so be it.

DCEmu Regular

lets hope that will be a dreamcat publisher like g.rev so we can wake up some memories.Under defeat was outstanding at that time for Dreamcast

DCEmu Newbie

I think many people dont get with good eye the official homebrew games and maybe dont like pay too for homebrew games.Redspotgames and other publishers must make little more spots in magazines and tv if need more sales. I believe out there have many other DC Fan waiting for new dreamcast game. Maybe i m wrong on that i say.

Thread Information