Thread: Problem with dstts

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problem with dstts

I recently purchased 2 cards from a computer store in my town. In the past week I bought 5 others and had no problems with them. The last two I bought will only boot up about 1 in 10 times (white screen usually), and then I may get some error messages loading a game. When I am finally able to get into a game successfully, I can soft reset and it will always go back to the menu fine and boot up games fine as well. As soon as I do a hard reset I am back to trying 10 times until the menu will load.

I’ve tried different SD cards – different sizes and different manufacturers. I’ve reloaded the firmware and roms several times and tried every kind of FW I could find. I brought them back to the computer store where I bought it and got them to open about 10 boxes so I could try other cards – each one gave me the exact same results. I can’t figure out what the problem can be unless an entire shipment of these cards is defective. Please advise if there is anything else I can try.

Thanks

DCEmu Rookie

did a google search for you. I had heard a rumor a little while ago about fake DSTTs going around, but you might find this interesting...

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104425

and straight from the dstt website...

http://www.ndstt.com/anti_fake.html

hope that helps.

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you for taking the time to search and for the reply.

A little update: seems that the other 5 I had bought for friends also ended up not working very well. When I had first loaded them up and tested them out (once, maybe twice), they worked fine. As soon as their kids woke up Christmas morning and started playing them they all started doing exactly what the other two had done.

I had checked out that fake-killer page at ndstt and watched the youtube videos - these cards will eventually boot up and play a game, but it takes 10-15 times until it will work. Once I'm in I can do a soft-reset and it will be fine every time - it's just with a hard reset, so it doesn't look like the same thing that was happening to the fake cards on the videos. I don't know - maybe they are all fakes, but they're not mine so I don't want to open them up and look inside - I guess I'll just return them to the computer store here in town and wait for them to get a fresh shipment and try those...

These dstt cards are pretty much the same as the old R4s right? Just copy the latest dstt FW over - 1.16 - (TTMenu folder and TTmenu dat file) to the root directory, and copy over a nds file? I tried copying over the nds files to both the root directory and to a games folder - didn't seem to matter and I doubted that it would... I'm not missing anything that I took for granted am I?

Thanks again for being willing to help - have a good new year!

Thread Information