Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTyl Update from laxer3a (New Snes Emu Next Week)

DCEmu Newbie

According to laxer3a, the current plan is to either implement a game genie or an mo3 player in the next release.
    Don't expect both to show up, but its still a possibility.
    Me?
    Im getting a 4 gig hard drive to celebrate.
    Woo hoo!!

PSP User

I thought that the next Snes9xTYL was supposed to have multiplayer (Ad Hoc). A bunch of people said that a while ago. Guess not, but it would've been cool. Is coding Ad Hoc hard to do in emulators? I know very few homebrews do, but it has to be possible for the ones that do use Ad Hoc... Just an idea, but couldn't someone who knows how to code something to work with Ad Hoc, just ask for the source code of all the emulators and then add in multiplayer capabilities? That is really all that I want right now.

DCEmu Pro

Thanks for the update. Ad-Hoc would be great but is it possible on an emu?
    Keep up the good work!!

Default This is great news

I am so happy to hear that there are new developments in place regarding this EMU. I just hope it will still work on 2.00 PSP's with EBOOT LOADER 9. This EMU is one of the best already and to keep adding to it is really great news. Also, if the source is ever released, perhaps other EMU's like the GBA can be improved upon.

Like others, I think AD-HOC would be great. Playing games such as Super Bomberman against friends revitalized on the PSP would be very fun and nostalgic.

Hopefully the speed could be slightly improved. Usually not a problem but some games like Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, etc. lag. That could have to do with Mode 7 though.

Anyway, great work to all who are still involved in this project. I hope it never dies. Please keep everyone in the loop on development status.

I can't wait to play SNES games with 44khz sound quality, keep up the great work.

Awesome news! Can't wait for the release!

as long as its full speed ill be happy

DCEmu Newbie

SuperFX chip emulation to allow games like Starfox and StuntFX to work, this would indeed be awesome.

I'll take whatever, always nice to see progress.

I have 1.50 firmware but I'm thinking of upgrading to 2.0.

Will this new speedup using the Media Engine for the sound also work on 2.0 firmware? I thought I read somewhere that the 2.0 EBOOT hack did not allow all the kernel calls that are available on 1.5 firmware (I can't remember where I saw that. Maybe I dreamt it!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information