Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTyl Update from laxer3a (New Snes Emu Next Week)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Snes9xTyl Update from laxer3a (New Snes Emu Next Week)

Some great news coming from the Snes9xTYL Team, heres the info:

<blockquote>Hi, Received the source from latest version. Yoyo told me about a bug in the mode7 tuning I did. So I need to take a look to it... Yoyo need also to fix some stuff before release. But at least give us some days... We will try to release before two weeks. If you are lucky may be beginning of next week. Yoyo is wondering about which features need to be added to this release. Personnaly I am for game genie feature... Because quite a lot of people requested it. Yoyo talked also about mp3 players feature as it is already available in the other emu. Of course the main event is the sound moved to the Media Engine. and mode7 tuning. See you guys. He he he Its going to rock within two weeks on the forums

Media Engine is a second CPU inside the CPU. We use it as a coprocessor to do the sound generation of the SPC700 (snes sound chip). Now you will have 44 Khz full audio quality at the same speed as "no sound with emulation". The SPC700 CPU is still emulated on the main cpu I believe... the sound GENERATION is done on the ME.</blockquote>

Thanks to miemt11 for the News.

DCEmu Newbie

Game genie support "por favor". Dragon Quest VI... I will get my revenge.....

thanks for all your hard work...

DCEmu Newbie

Im soooo glad this emu is getting game genie support. i used to love this one but changed for the one with the game genie support.

i cant wait to change back.

DCEmu Rookie

wow, looks like the psp scene will have a little more life in it. Can't wait to see this new version and its functions while working under fw higher than 1.5. Very nice work teams

What is keeping the AD-HOC mode from working with the SNES Emu? I think that would be the ultimate feature to be added to the SNES Emulator!

DCEmu Rookie

yes, multiplayer would be awesome. also optimized mode 7 code. right now the mode 7 games are basically unplayable

DCEmu Regular

this is great! ive checked this site almost everyday hoping to hear about a new snes emu release!

i just wanna know if ff6 still runs and how fast

DCEmu Regular

I sure don't have a BS or an EE, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it will work with the 2.0 loader. Specifying the ME (which is a specific part of the CPU) for execution of some of the code would require a kernel call of some type, wouldn't it?

Anyway, here's hoping!

If it works I'd sure like to the the ME used to take care of some chores in GBA emulation. As of yet, I don't personally consider the current GBA stuff to be all that playable.

DCEmu Rookie

first n more important ad hoc support
    some impovement like mode 7 or something to play starfox and yoshi island(also FF6 )
    good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information