Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downgrading Is Easier Than We Think. .

Post Downgrading Is Easier Than We Think. .

Ok everyone, we all know that hardly anywhere ships 2.00 and lower and our recent buyers are stuck with 2.01 and up. Also the urge to upgrade is increasing bit by bit and im sure a lot of us have been playing our emus for some time. (I'll never upgrade though. . ) Anyway we all remember the 2.00 downgrade correct? After that text came up we went over to the system info and saw that it said 1.00 and it was actually a 2.00 but was disguised, like a version changer. If we can get a SNES emulator to run on a 2.50 than we can Def get a downgrade at least for 2.01 All we need to do is create a version changer that makes it look like it is a 1.00 like we did before. All we need to create is a version changer and than run the 1.50 update like we did before. Will it brick our psp's? Maybe! But does anyone else have any other brighter ideas? Also-I agree wirth the fact that we should focus on cracking the newer systems but it's just not happening fast enough. Honestly, I believe that not enough time was spent on the 2.00 firmware. It was like ok 2.01 is out screw working on this firmware man. We only have half of the homebrew running, screw it! We progressed better working on 2.00 than we will on 2.01 and up because the task is harder.

Exactly what I have said. People are just too lazy to do it. But that isn't the real goal we have. We all looked over it in the past, and now downgrading is all we can muster up. We have overlooked trying to get homebrew and the features of the new updates, because they are undoubtedly awesome. Or even better: crack the digital signature.
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

If we crack the digital signature, isn't that going against what this site is up for? What i mean is, you don't have ISOs but you will gladly crack the Playstation code? Its a fine line, just my opinion.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Making a downgrader just simply isen't a big concern. Downgrading is fine and all but the goal is now to make it possible for both homebrew and new games to run. Downgrading won't solve that. Thats just a more important thing to put work into then a downgrader.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar
    If we crack the digital signature, isn't that going against what this site is up for? What i mean is, you don't have ISOs but you will gladly crack the Playstation code? Its a fine line, just my opinion.
    Well no one has cracked the digital signature and I doubt any one ever will crack it so its not an issue.

Kaiser-When did you become a moderator? Good job man!

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar
    Its not a fine line at all if you think about it...One is piracy, stealing a commercial product. The other is opening up a system to home developers, if anything it will help increase the sales of the PSPs! We just need to do it in a way that prevents piracy, much like 2.00 does now!

Anyway, as Kaiser said, it ain't gonna happen!

I am in agreement that, although downgrading might be possible, its not the ultimate answer! Fanjita has said that the GTA Exploit has improved his understanding of the PSPs RAM, and therefore may be able to make the Eboot Loader more memory efficient getting even more homebrew running on 2.00+.

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YourStillWithMe
    Kaiser-When did you become a moderator? Good job man!
    Thanks

It is somewhat not even a matter of cracking it...if their PBP compiler (which I have seen before) somehow gets leaked, there will be no need to crack it; it will already be at our fingertips. Then, someone could use that info to create a PBP installer/patcher thing and call it "Mr. Forge".
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

Will the current version changers work on the GTA loader? I have a white psp with v2.6. I hate it and Im willing to run the risk of brickin it to download it to a 1.5.

Be patient, no there isn't a downgrade for it only 2.00 but you can still run a small portion of homebrew apps on the 2.60

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information