Thread: Wii Has Zero Power

Thumbs down Wii Has Zero Power

Hello there, I hope this is in the right area...

Today I has two power outages, one right after the other. I happened to be playing the Wii at the time. The system restarted itself the first time, but the second time it just went blank. There is absolutely ZERO POWER coming into the system.
    I've unplugged the system, waited, replugged it in, tried different outlets - nothing. I can't even get my game out. (The game happens to be Baroque, just got it for Christmas. )

My question is, and is probably obvious but, is my wii hard drive fried? Is there anyway to bring it back without the involvement of nintendo? My one year warenty just expired so the system repair costs $75. not too bad, considering what I payed for it. Still, if I could just get my game out, I wouldn't feel as bad. At least I could play at someone else's house. :P

Anyway, any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I had a similar thing happen to me earlier in the year and thought it was dead, but when I tried it a few days later it was working again, much to my surprise.

Give it another try tomorrow and it may be okay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLazarus View Post
    Hello there, I hope this is in the right area...

Today I has two power outages, one right after the other. I happened to be playing the Wii at the time. The system restarted itself the first time, but the second time it just went blank. There is absolutely ZERO POWER coming into the system.
    I've unplugged the system, waited, replugged it in, tried different outlets - nothing. I can't even get my game out. (The game happens to be Baroque, just got it for Christmas. )

My question is, and is probably obvious but, is my wii hard drive fried? Is there anyway to bring it back without the involvement of nintendo? My one year warenty just expired so the system repair costs $75. not too bad, considering what I payed for it. Still, if I could just get my game out, I wouldn't feel as bad. At least I could play at someone else's house. :P

Anyway, any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Try changing the fuse in the power unit (plug), I had to change the fuse a few months ago in my Wii... I used the fuse from my SEGA Saturn's plug, since they both use a 3A fuse (pictured below).

Thread Information