Thread: Help with installing CFW

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with installing CFW

It's a long story but I broke the screen on my psp slim (2001 daxter edition)

I have a panadors battery and access to making a mms however I don't know the process of installing a CFW with nothing visible on the screen.

So, I'm asking if theres like a one way to do this and somebody could walk me through it.....in the end I wanna be able to display my psp onto my computer screen until I can afford to replace my broken psp screen.

Thanks in advance.

Replacing a broken screen is easy to do yourself.

$35 later and you have a new screen.

DCEmu Newbie

$35?? Where can I get a replacement for that price? I think dealxtreme had one for $42 but I don't trust I will receive the right one from them.

Back to my main topic, I watched several videos of people using pandora and installing custom firmwire however after following a tutorial for RainsMMS my psp will turn on for a few secs then back off. I guess was curious and looking for something to do but whatever is broken can be fixed...could anyone tell me what this means?

Edit: Solved the psp turning off randomly problem....appears I missed a step while install the new firmware. Thanks for the guides and tutorials they have helped a lot about understanding homebrew and which steps to take.
    Last edited by jisk; December 29th, 2008 at 14:50.

Dealextreme xD, they'll send you the right one but their customer service sucks big time.

You can also use bizrates to get the cheapest screen that you can find, just make sure that you check to make sure that the site you buy it from has a high reliability rating with them.

Thread Information