Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenTTD for PSP now playable

PSP Coder

Woops, i may have forgoten to change the language settings to english, as save/load funcions arent still fixed, changes done at options menu arent saved, but by the moment you can change them mauanlly editing the file "/PSP/GAME/ottd/openttd.cfg"

Just replace the line Language from:
    language = spanish.lng

to any of these:
    american.lng english.lng hungarian.lng portuguese.lng
    brazilian_portuguese.lng estonian.lng icelandic.lng romanian.lng
    catalan.lng finnish.lng italian.lng slovak.lng
    czech.lng french.lng norwegian.lng spanish.lng
    danish.lng galician.lng origveh.lng swedish.lng
    dutch.lng german.lng polish.lng turkish.lng

DCEmu Newbie

I installed on 2.0fw and it gets as far as the "please wait.. " screen, I see it reading the memory stick, then it just hangs. It doesnt write anything to the stderr file. I have the windows version and installed all the files you listed into the games/ottd/data folder and the 2.0 eboot into games/ottd folder

DCEmu Newbie

for the language, i think there is a small bug.
    Un fact it doesn't change anythnig when changing the openttd.cfg.
    BUt iv'e solve the problem. If I rename the french .lng to brazilian_portuguese.lng from the "lang" directory(an d deleting the old one) , the game start with the french language.
    Hpe it 'll help!

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by lecdg2
    BUt iv'e solve the problem. If I rename the french .lng to brazilian_portuguese.lng from the "lang" directory(an d deleting the old one) , the game start with the french language.
    Hpe it 'll help!
    Ums, it should work changing language line from:
    language = spanish.lng
    to:
    language = french.lng

I tested it with english and just worked fine, maybe is an issue with french translation?

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by tblumer
    I installed on 2.0fw and it gets as far as the "please wait.. " screen, I see it reading the memory stick, then it just hangs. It doesnt write anything to the stderr file. I have the windows version and installed all the files you listed into the games/ottd/data folder and the 2.0 eboot into games/ottd folder
    Well try the version attached with extra debug enabled
    It should also create /PSP/GAME/ottd/stderr.txt, let me know if this works for 2.00, otherwise i will PM you with another version if you are still interested.

It also aplies to anyone having problems, but note this eboot is in 1.00/2.00 format and you will need kxploit if you intend to install it on a 1.52. It also needs the ottd files from first release and from the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

DCEmu Newbie

On a FW 2.0 PSP it says this with the new eboot : "ERROR - Cannot open file /data/autorail.grf/" while all the files are in the right position. And it does create a file called stderr.txt, but there is no text in it.

BTW: Here is my filelist

--PSP
    ----Game
    ------OTTD
    --------stdout.txt
    --------stderr.txt
    --------EBOOT.PBP
    --------OPENTTD.CFG
    --------SCENARIO
    --------SAVE
    --------LANG
    --------DATA

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by MortuuS
    On a FW 2.0 PSP it says this with the new eboot : "ERROR - Cannot open file /data/autorail.grf/" while all the files are in the right position. And it does create a file called stderr.txt, but there is no text in it.
    Ums... it says "/data/autorail.grf/", "/data/autorail.grf" or "data/autorail.grf"?

It should be looking for "data/autorail.grf", otherwise something is broken with pathfinding on 2.0, if its looking for "/data/autorail.grf" try copying the data dir to the root of your memory stick,

Let me know any more error or finding, i will look for it at night, as im currently at work.

DCEmu Newbie

I looked at it again it's a bit hard to see because ' and / look very the same on the PSP, but it says this 'data/autorail.grf'.

*Edit: I also tried to put the data dir to the root, but then it just says that it couldn't find sample.cat (the first file loaded because it inmiddiatly says that it couldn't be loaded) because the data dir isn't in the right place I guess.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lecdg2
    Hpe it 'll help!

hm see like that helps since da lang change in da cfg file didnt work..well anyways got it working and props for da work you did on this port its great
    i never really heard of ths game but ill give it a try

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by turulo
    Well try the version attached with extra debug enabled
    It should also create /PSP/GAME/ottd/stderr.txt, let me know if this works for 2.00, otherwise i will PM you with another version if you are still interested.

It also aplies to anyone having problems, but note this eboot is in 1.00/2.00 format and you will need kxploit if you intend to install it on a 1.52. It also needs the ottd files from first release and from the original Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
    I gave it a whirl and ended up with the same issues as Mortuus, still no text in the stderr.txt file. I hope our feedback helps. Looking forward to a 2.0 compatible version of your excellent release.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information