Thread: get our priorities right people...

Angry get our priorities right people...

I don't want to sound like I am ungratefull but...

why has the psp scene become gay for grand theft auto?...

personally i hate GTA, its overrated and has a laundry list of reasons why it pales in comparasin to great games BUT...

i understand alot of people like it, thats great awesome

id like the scene to stop trying to get homebrew that jumped the shark back in fall 2005 to work with this new exploit and work on new things, stuff we've wanted since psp homebrew was discovered

snes on 2.5 WOW!!!! hax0rz!

i hate being an @#$hole but can we please go back to develpoing on 1.5, or getting 2.0 homebrew working fully?

i know its possible, weve just gotten distracted

plus 1.5 psp is easy to get, i downgraded my friends yesterday, rockstar WILL patch GTA and homebrew will stop because GTA's with the hole will be sold and noone will want a gta w/o homebrew

lets not jump the gun and give up on our past successes

i also understand that 1.5 and 2.0 homebrew is still going strong but i think a warning is needed

lets get moving on ps1 a personal fav, ddr or hell, lets try to get the system 99% of us have wished for since release, n64 working? 2.0 flash emulation?

theres SO much besides freaking GTA.....

lastly, i KNOW gta isnt the only homebrew ppl are working on so dont bother posting about me being shallow

what im saying is its very probable rockstar will patch it one way or another and were screwed, out several months

also ive noticed very little 1.5 and 2.0 and gta 2.1-2.6 is slowly eating the scene like an amoeba

DCEmu Regular

The goal of the psp homebrew scene is to eventually make homebrew playable on a firmware which can play all commercial games as well. Those who are not lucky enough to have bought a 1.5-2.0 psp are excited about the GTA exploit for a very good reason. Further, those of us on a 2.0 can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that if Sony releases an awesome game that requires yet another upgrade, we will be able to play that game without losing homebrew.
    Finally, I know that you don't like GTA, and you are upset that you currently need to buy that game if you want to play homebrew beyond 2.01. Just relax...there is nothing yet developed for the GTA exploit that can't be played on a 1.5. We haven't all gone ga-ga over GTA, we just realize that it is necessary for homebrew to survive until sony releases yet another firmware release (which always has the possibility of having its own exploitable flaws.)

Whats the point in making homebrew if many people can't use it?

People are working on opening the accessibility of homebrew to all PSP Firmware versions, so it can be enjoyed by all rather than being esoteric! Just because it doesn't affect you, everyone should drop tools and build games for you, right?...

...wrong, you don't like it, build your own homebrew!

BTW, There is still a lot of homebrew in development, PeterM's Quake, McZonk's QuakeII, PSmonkey's Iris, SnesTYL, PSPSOne....the list goes on!

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

i'm not being simple-minded its just that i visit psp-news 1-5 times daily and ive noticed front page news has went from being full of snes gens updates on non-commercial games and great ports like stepmania or whatever

to a flood of gta exploit

and i realize ppl like gta but im just reminding everyone how annoying sony is with patching things, i can bet you cash there wont be any other holes in future games, and if there are they wont be the same, word is out and i KNOW sony reps read this stuff, i wouldnt be surprised if rockstar is planning all future gta umd's to ba patched

they did it with san'dreas

plus im not saying everyone should drop thier projects im saying t wont last, and i dont know a single person who would even use psp homebrew that doesnt have a 1.5 or 2.0, i downgraded my buds psp just yesterday

so ,yes 1.5 and definately 2.0 homebrew is alot higher in priority than a gta only hack that will probably be patched and doubtfully exists in future titles, and has limited capabilities

another thing is what happened to pspgba? gba ports to psp are way more than proof of concept? cmon guys lets do this

if i knew how to code id probably do alot of things for the scene

as well as flash.. id make my story into a webtoon lol but thats another story
    all im saying is lets not get caried away with the gta thing, 1.5 and 2.0 > 1.5 or 2.0 firmware will ALWAYS be here

im not bullying guys just, cheering everyone on and warning them not to use the gta hack as foundation, itl crumble keep your footing on the stable 1.5-2.0

sorry if i sounded stupid, ive seen things go bad in simmilar situations

GP2X Coder/Moderator

People develop what they want. It doesn't matter whether people want it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by michael jackson
    i dont know a single person who would even use psp homebrew that doesnt have a 1.5 or 2.0, i downgraded my buds psp just yesterday
    Thats a pointless statement, because until now you had to have 1.50 or 2.00 to use homebrew!...And we get posts, pretty much by the hour, asking if 'such and such' homebrew can run on a 2.50!

We can't stay on 2.00 forever, already games are being released that require 2.50, and you can place money on the fact that it will be required for all upcoming major titles...

To constantly sticking/downgrading to 2.00 or 1.50, is like ignoring the existance of DVDs because LaserDisc still looks nice...you're living in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by michael jackson
    so ,yes 1.5 and definately 2.0 homebrew is alot higher in priority than a gta only hack that will probably be patched
    The GTA Exploit is now running an Eboot Loader, just like the 2.00 one, so it will (eventually) run the homebrew that already exisits...no special treatment required!

And well...1.50 got patched, hence the existence of 1.51! 2.00 got patched, hence the existance of 2.01!...or are you happily living in your bubble of denial?

I actually can't see GTA getting patched myself, Rockstar altered SA 'cos of legal issues and it was gonna cripple sales with an X-Rating...They've got no incentive to alter LCS, Sony can't force them as the code has already been approved, and patching it will cause incompatibilities in savegames and may even cause problems over WiFi (if the WiFi game accesses savegames at any point)...it'll be far too much hassle, especially to do it worldwide!

Cheers,
    Fox
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is so many things wrong with what your posting I don't know where to start.
    Okay

N64 emulation- HAHA N64 on PSP. Keep dreaming maybe we can get a dreamcast emu.. *shot*

GTA- Whats with all the hate? It doesn't matter if you don't like the game or not the exploit inside it is worth the purchase alone. It unlocks the world of homebrew. A patch (if made) would have to be downloaded and as long as no one downloads it everyone can use GTA for homebrew.

As MGFox stated many projects are being worked on. I don't see what your arguing about. Dgen is getting updated regularly as is Snes_TYL. Rin and Nesterj are pretty much done because they're so perfect. PSPOne is constantly getting updated. Pacmanfan has been working hard on that one.

Homebrew games are getting better as well. Some of the more exciting projects are sprouting polygons. I mean 3D homebrew! thats just gravy.

The point is that the homebrew scene is just thriving right now and is doing fine. As yaustar said though you have no control over what coders develop so don't bitch about it.

I want to have my cake and eat it too. Right now I am staying at 1.50. However once emulation has progressed on higher versions I will upgrade. I'm pickinh up GTA though and setting it on the shelf.

Thread Information