Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frodo C64 emulator ported to Wii

DCEmu Newbie

Nice to see someone working on another C64 emulator for the Wii. I will be testing this lately, hope Last ninja works.

thanks.

I've released a new version of Frodo today, version 2. More info can be found at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Frodo, and it can be downloaded from http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com.

The main improvements are:

• Slightly faster emulation speed
    • Improved keybindings to the controllers (more keys, also works more like a real keyboard)
    • Support for the classic controller (although this is untested since I don't have the hardware)
    • Support for loading .prg, .p00 and .s00 files. Only .prg tested.
    • Misc smaller bugs have been fixed

Untar the binary archive on your SD card to install. Note that there are some new helper files/dirs compared to the first release, so simply copying boot.dol is not enough.

I'll go back to International Karate now.

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work! But 90% of .d64 (scene) releases dont work and emu1541=true cant help to solve a problemm, anyway - why do you port FRODO instead VICE ? VICE has better support - aviable on ppc...

P.S. i'm newbie here - but not in da scene - was sysop on amiga/pc/console bbs since 1997-2007...
    Last edited by scram_dmt; January 11th, 2009 at 08:28.

Quote Originally Posted by scram_dmt View Post
    Nice work! But 90% of .d64 (scene) releases dont work and emu1541=true cant help to solve a problemm, anyway - why do you port FRODO instead VICE ? VICE has better support - aviable on ppc...
    I've worked on other ports of Frodo before, so it was easier for me to use that. That said, in the long run I also believe that VICE is a better option and I'd be happy to see it ported to the Wii.

But 90% won't work? What have you tried really? Almost every game I've tried runs just fine.

And forget my ignorance, but what does "scene" mean? Demos?

Blog Entries

thanks for the update

DCEmu Newbie

Yes.. thanks Simon.. Everything runs alot quicker now Exploding fist is still funny... it plays ok... but the samples are laboured to the max hhehe
    Hope you keep going with this!!

I saw Vice for thr Wii the other day... but you needed some linux flavour on your sd card for it to run from ! huh ?

Nice release.

IK+, army moves, ghost n goblins, robocop, Emlyn Hughes Soccer, Sanxion, zaxxon etc etc all seem to run very well.

I can't get Creatures 1&2, R-type, Battle Chess and North & South to work on frodo though? I've tried numerous versions of the games but have had no joy. Can anyone confirm if they've got any of them to work??

I just wish the specky emu FUSE was getting regular updates like this (instead of being abandoned).

@SimonKagstrom: I see on wiibrew you've requested the source for wiiUAE. If(or when) this gets released would you also be looking at updating this emu too?
    Last edited by Baboon; January 11th, 2009 at 15:04.

@Stainy: Unfortunately I can't do anything about the sound in exploding fist - that's a frodo emulation problem and exists also on the host. You can turn the sound samples off in exploding fist with (I think) del, so that you only get the music.

@Baboon: I have no plans to do something about UAE, but UAE is GPL so the source code *must* be released. UAE is a really great emulator, so it would be nice to see it on the wii!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    I've worked on other ports of Frodo before, so it was easier for me to use that. That said, in the long run I also believe that VICE is a better option and I'd be happy to see it ported to the Wii.

But 90% won't work? What have you tried really? Almost every game I've tried runs just fine.

And forget my ignorance, but what does "scene" mean? Demos?
    "scene" is realy means more than "demoscene" (that is legal scene) , but there is illegal (hackers) scene exist with "releases" - cracked games with intros & trainers ( TRSI/AFL/FLT) - try to run some of illegal releases from that groups - its difficult to get it done,all
    games i have is an illegal scene releases - and i told you about it. exuse me for my bad english - i'm a russian... i send to you in PM links for that releases which is problem to run - may b i doing something wrong?...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    @Stainy: Unfortunately I can't do anything about the sound in exploding fist - that's a frodo emulation problem and exists also on the host. You can turn the sound samples off in exploding fist with (I think) del, so that you only get the music.

@Baboon: I have no plans to do something about UAE, but UAE is GPL so the source code *must* be released. UAE is a really great emulator, so it would be nice to see it on the wii!
    Port of UAE for wii is already released - and based on UAE4ALL sources - that IMHO is not best choice for AMiGA emulator,best choice is E-UAE that runs on Linux/PPC good, existing port of wii UAE4ALL had really sound issues...but graphics is going well...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information