Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Frodo C64 emulator ported to Wii

DCEmu Newbie

Default Frodo on Wii with Competition Pro USB ?

Hi there,

is there a possibility to implement a driver for the USB-Joystick Competition Pro ?
    It would be great to play the old games with an "old" Joystick.
    Greetings
    Saschman

@saschman: I don't know if the Wii even supports USB joysticks, so I don't think that's very likely.

But then again, it's just software so anything is possible!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    * By pressing F10 while in a network game, you can type in a message to the other player with the USB keyboard
    Does that mean that Frodo now supports USB keyboard? That would be awsome.

Simon thank you so much for this great emulator, it is actually one of the things I use most on my Wii.

Yes, it supports USB keyboards now (actually since last version).

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post

Yes, it supports USB keyboards now (actually since last version).
    Supercool! I must have missed that, but I am also still running v8... updating ASAP. Thank you.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi I like this, I'm running it on a USA NTSC Wii (3.2U)

I'm having the following issues with it:

It doesn't seem to load or run .T64 files, keeps saying
    ?FILE NOT FOUND ERROR

when I try to insert and run .T64 files.

Also, you had said that in version 10 the sound crackling was gone due to Tantric's SDL updates, but it seems to still have sound crackling... Does this have to do with me using an NTSC Wii?

Also, could you provide docs explaining what all the entries in the frodorc file do? Thank you

DCEmu Newbie

Hi.

Just got this but it doesn't seem to be working at all (I couldn't find a simple readme file anywhere, the wiibrew wiki doesn't have much detail on it, and the googlesource page has even less info - so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong).

I'm running 3.4E and the latest HBC (as of June 09).

I go into the HBC and launch Frodo. I already have about 14 .d64 files in the 'images' sub-folder.

After launching the screen goes black. 5 seconds later I'm back in the HBC main menu.

I now check to make sure and, yes, the small 'world' icon in the bottom right of HBC's main menu is lit (indicating that I'm succesfully connected to my router).

Try again : Launch Frodo -> screen black for about 5 seconds -> chucked back into HBC

Read the docs in the other "source" download (I'm using the pre-compiled binary download but d/l'd the source file separately as I couldn't any docs elsewhere) and get basic/kernal/1541/char roms and place them in the Frodo folder in the hope that maybe I need those too :
    Launch Frodo -> screen black for about 5 seconds -> chucked back into HBC

Start again from scratch:
    re-download the latest Frodo Wii binary build. Place into my 'apps' folder.
    Place my 14 games into the 'images' subfolder.
    Place SD card into Wii
    Launch HBC - Frodo shows up .
    Launch Frodo -> screen black for about 5 seconds -> chucked back into HBC .

I'm probably doing something very basic wrong, but would someone be able to tell me what it is?

Thanx for any help .

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Everything you need is included in frodo-wii-bin-10.tar.gz, you don't need the source. It is meant to start up with the blue C64 screen even if you don't have any images in the folder. It works on my system but I'm running 3.1E and bootmii. Try unplugging everything (USB devices and gamecube memory cards) to see if there is some conflict.
    Last edited by Sektor; June 14th, 2009 at 15:45.

DCEmu Newbie

Does anyone know how to run a multi disk game on this? I have a ROM of simpsons arcade game that's 3 disks long. But I dont' know how to pick the file that will make the game run.

There is 3 .d64 files, one for each disk. And then even after you highlight one of those .d64 files it takes you to ANOTHER list of selectable files after that.

@BBE24: Try the first one, it's usually the one which will load the game. You'll need to replace the disk somewhere in the game though, just insert it without loading then.

@gaffer: See to it that you have the fonts installed in /apps/frodo/ as well (*.ttf) and the frodorc file. If you have those, I don't know what's causing your problems. It should be enough to just unpack the tarball on your SD card.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information