Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Frodo C64 emulator ported to Wii

Version 8 has been released today. It can be downloaded from

http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com

as usual. The changes are:

* Nunchuck and analogue part of the classic controller can now be used (Aaron Morris)
    * Bugs in keybinding fixed
    * Lots of inactive network code

DCEmu Newbie

How do you load a rom. I select a d64 file and the app goes back to the blue screen. I can never start the rom.

To load a game:

Push home
    Choose "insert disc or tape"
    Push home
    Choose "invoke key sequence"
    Usually pick "LOAD "*",8,1

A single insert AND load option would be nice.
    Last edited by Sektor; March 14th, 2009 at 02:59.

Try my subversion! Many improvements in the image load section. wiimote is joystick port1, nunchuk is port2.

@congoblase: Where can I get the source code for this? I'd be happy to give you a branch on the frodo-wii subversion tree where you can develop your stuff.

I'll also integrate any good features you've implemented, provided I can take them in without breaking anything :-)

DCEmu Newbie

Is there any possibility to get original C64 displaymodes 288p@50hz and 240p@60hz to work?

That way you don't get headache even with 50hz mode (C64 is fully progressive, no interlaced modes possible -> no flickering).

(I think there is no hardware limitation, because example Genesis Megadrive-emulator works with these displaymodes)
    Last edited by kurg; March 30th, 2009 at 13:34.

@kurg I tried this before, and the SDL port doesn't allow you to set other resolutions than 640x480 (maybe with a few exceptions). Lower resolutions gives you only a small window on the screen so is not very useful.

Changing that would mean to rewrite the graphics stuff to work without SDL, which will be quite a bit of work for me.

Version 9 has been released moments ago. The main feature in this version is networking, which now works. So go ahead and play some real international karate now!

Download from http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com as always.

Version 10 has now been released. Get it from http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com. The main changes are:

* Holger Eilts has improved the menu layout quite a lot
    * Loading separate files in a .D64 from the menu is now possible (Holger Eilts)
    * It's possible to store and load files in subdirectories now
    * By pressing F10 while in a network game, you can type in a message to the other player with the USB keyboard
    * Sound cracks are now gone (thanks to Tantrics new SDL work)

To play network games, you *need* to upgrade to this version (since the version of the network protocol has been bumped up).

Have fun!

// Simon

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    Version 10 has now been released. Get it from http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com. The main changes are:

* Holger Eilts has improved the menu layout quite a lot
    * Loading separate files in a .D64 from the menu is now possible (Holger Eilts)
    * It's possible to store and load files in subdirectories now
    * By pressing F10 while in a network game, you can type in a message to the other player with the USB keyboard
    * Sound cracks are now gone (thanks to Tantrics new SDL work)

To play network games, you *need* to upgrade to this version (since the version of the network protocol has been bumped up).

Have fun!

// Simon
    As allway thanks for the dedication and regular updates to this (now pretty much complete) emulator! :thumbup:

Downloading now!

I just wish the programmers for fuse and uae would get the same loving as frodo on the wii.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information