Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frodo C64 emulator ported to Wii

(Not sure where the bug report message went).

Anyway, you were right. The home button on the wiimote or the menu does bad things in this one. So, embarassingly enough, I've made a shiny new release, version 5!

This one contains the following feature:

* HOME button on the wiimote works again

And has removed the following feature:

- Untested USB keyboard support

Since that apparently broke HOME and/or the menu. For some wicked reason, it worked fine on the classic controller.

Same location for sources and binaries as always.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    I've released version 4 now. As always, see http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Frodo for more information and http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com for download and source.

The most important changes are these:

* Merge with Frodo CVS trunk and build FrodoSC instead of "plain" Frodo. This should improve emulation of some games, although not all.
    * Save preferences together with the state when saving states. Useful e.g., to have game-specific key bindings
    * Build with Yohanes version of libSDL. Perhaps that adds USB keyboard support, but I have no way of testing. Please fix the code if it doesn't work :-)
    * Some key binding bugs fixed
    * Some more menu options to control various things
    Theres a big problem with the v4 build. Once youve loaded the emu everytime you press enter to got to the options screen it quits out to the homewbrew channel?

The same errors has been reported on Tehskeen.

The release notes look good so hopefuly you can sort this ickle problem out? Ta

edit: I see v5 is out so hopefuly thats sorted it. lol Thanx in advance
    Last edited by Baboon; January 16th, 2009 at 20:41.

I deleted the error report because I thought of a few things it could have been on my end that were causing problems. Thanks for the quick fix.
    Nice improvements all around.

Everything seems to be running well.

A couple games I couldn't get to work before work now (well I also hunted down on obscure sites different crack/trainer versions of games)... North and South, R-type, Creatures 2 and Mayhem in Monsterland now work fine.

Happy days.

I just wish we had the keybinding feature in wiiuae as it works great for this emu.
    Last edited by Baboon; January 16th, 2009 at 23:11.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys, Ive been following the emulation scene closely for years now, being an old school gamer from the early eighties.

Simonkagstrom,...fantastic work.......it really is.
    I've emulated most if not all machines on my pc, but to have most if not all of the old school comps and consoles on the wii just makes life so much easier.......Great work all round.........

Nazmataz

@everyone: Thanks!

I also forgot to say that the source code to GPF's frodo port is also in subversion. I havent brought over anything from there yet, but will take a look at the code and see if I can merge something in (although it's not always very easy to do so). You can take a look at it in the gpf branch here:

http://code.google.com/p/frodo-wii/s...n/branches/gpf

I've got reports about the keyboard in v4 now: It worked except for the shift key, so it was probably of limited use anyway.

Yes, finally Impossible Mission works!!!

The *REAL* Impossible Mission on the Wii (NOT the VC crap remake!)

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photo...2406_0_ALB.jpg
    Last edited by Excalibur212; January 17th, 2009 at 20:59.

Seems to be some permission problem with the image, but glad to hear it works for you

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you for your replies Sektor and Simon.

I am aware of how to load a game on a C64, I played a lot C64 back in my youth and I still have my old machine somewhere.

But even the games where the first file is the correct one it was not working. However version 5 solves that. But when I insert the command load "*",8,1 is often writes it wrong. Sometimes it writes lqad and sometimes the first 2 or 4 caracters are missing and then the command failes. Most of the times I can solve it by using the other Wiimote but it happens that I need to reset C64. Does anyone else have this problem?

Some kind of keyboard support would really be appreciated, so I can start the other games aswell.
    Version 5 makes it possible to play 2 of my games so it is getting better, thank you Simon.
    Last edited by petspeed; January 17th, 2009 at 22:50. Reason: Typo

The "LOQD" error is a timing bug. Just try again, it usually works the second time.

The "autoload" is a bit of a hack (originally taken from a dreamcast port of Frodo), so it's not completely stable and you can get that problem.

A general tip is to save the state at the game startup and just load the state next time.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information