Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Frodo C64 emulator ported to Wii

The gamecube initialization stuff is from SDL (or some printout from libogc, I don't know). Anyway, I don't know why your classic controller doesn't work - I don't do anything special. I typically have it plugged in before I start the emulator, but I think I've tried to plug it in at runtime without problems (it should work then as well).

You are not talking about a gamecube controller, right? Those are not supported (but again: Please contribute code to add your favourite feature!)

DCEmu Newbie

Is a wii/gamecube controller different to a classic controller?

Guess it must be.

Which version of mayhem in monsterland works as my version worked for the first 2 levels and then a black screen seems to be the norm.

Yes, the classic controller is an "extension" to the wiimote. I don't know anything about the gamecube controller, but I'm pretty sure it's not compatible to the classic controller.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by SimonKagstrom View Post
    A transparent pointing keyboard that works while games are running would be useful, but unfortunately probably a bit tricky to implement. The current menu system and keyboard is completely contained "outside" of the regular frodo and is therefore very simple.

So I don't know, the current keyboard works fine for me and until I need something better I'm unlikely to do something about the situation :-)
    Hmm, you mean won't try to implement USB-Keyboard support again? Aww.

@starscream: I don't have an USB keyboard and not very much personal interest in it, so this is an area where I would appreciate support from others: Yohanes has done basically all of the work already, so some debugging is probably all that's needed.

So yes, I'm lazy and self-centric, but since it's all open-source I don't think it's a big problem either :-)

DCEmu Newbie

Whoa! you fixed the samples in WOTEF !! well done Simon I`m at 2nd Dan now hahah fantastic.. keep up the good work

@Stainy: I didn't do anything there really, it's just the SC-version of Frodo which does a better emulation job. This came with version 4.

Took a while before I understood what WOTEF is as well :-)

I've made another update to Frodo, version 7 with the following changes:

* Make binding joystick directions to other buttons as well (to be able to jump with e.g., 1)
    * The direction buttons can also be bound to keyboard keys
    * Exit with SYS_RETURNTOMENU to make WAD's work
    * Some restructuring and minor bug fixes here and there
    * Lots and lots of new code which won't get executed :-)

Can be downloaded from http://frodo-wii.googlecode.com as usual.

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work Simon.

I noticed I have an issue with screen tearing during gameplay. Is this a problem with frodo or is there settings on the wii to stop this.

regards

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to load a rom with this emulator. I wish you could just browse from a list like other emulators. It's frustrating because I have not gotten a rom to load. If someone could please give me the steps would be great.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information