According to Reuters, UIQ Technology has filed for bankruptcy in a district court in Sweden. "There are no opportunities to create a new line of business in the current financial climate", said UIQ Chief Executive Johan Sandberg. This means that the darkest fears of UIQ phones' users became reality: the UIQ platform is now really and offically dead...

My-Symbian would like to thank all people behind UIQ for their hard work and giving us all such a great mobile platform. These 6 years will always remain an important part of history of mobile technology. We deeply hope that their intellectual and creative potential will not be wasted and that they will have another chance to impress us once again with great products, hopefully still Symbian OS based.

My-Symbian will continue supporting the UIQ platform, its users and software developers. If you have a UIQ phone and you're satisfied with it, keep using it! It won't stop working only because the company went bankrupt. Keep visiting our discussion forums and checking our UIQ3 Software Catalog for (hopefully) new and interesting software releases...

http://my-symbian.com/main/index.php