Thread: MahJongg Wii v0.7

Blog Entries

Rev MahJongg Wii v0.7

Updated release from Justwoody

MahJongg Wii is a Mahjongg solitaire tiles game written specifically for the Wii, developed with devkitPro tools and using the GRRLib for rendering, sndlib for music and sound, and wiiuse for wiimote.

How to play
    The goal is to clear the board by removing all the tiles. Tiles must remove in pairs. A pair consists of two tiles which both are a) "free" and b) identical (or of the same type).

A tile is "free" when:

No other tile is lying above or is partially covering it
    No other tile is lying to the left or to the right of it (it can "slide" in one or both these directions)
    Two tiles are identical if they look exactly the same. The exception to this are the Flowers and Seasons tiles. They are non-identical numbered matching tiles and belong to the same type. All the Flowers tiles match one another and all the Season tiles match one another.

There are four of each tile in the game except for the Flowers and Seasons tiles which appear only once.

It's not as easy as it sounds; you can end up with having matched the "wrong" pairs and you may find yourself stuck, with unmatchable tiles blocking other key tiles so you can't clear the layout. You must be careful before removing a pair, you should look for where the remaining pair is in the layout and plan ahead. If all four of an identical tile are free, remove them to 'unclutter' the field. It's not only a game of pure luck, you have to play strategically.

v0.7 06/01/09
    Download - Mahjongg Wii v0.7

Changed to automatically select the language based on the Wii menu language settings (Nintendo only support Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch) but as Mahjongg Wii supports more languages, I have kept the language selection screen, but moved it to be accessible via the game options screen
    Added three new tile layouts - fortress, crab and spider
    Changed placement algorithm to handle complexity of new tile layouts
    Added a layout selection screen which can be accessed by selecting change layout from options menu
    Changed all the backgrounds from png to jpeg and at same time doubled their resolution so they now look much cleaner
    Added hint functionality to the game (not hover hint) so that if it the icon is pressed a hint selection is highlighted in flashing yellow and 30 seconds are added to the time as a penalty
    Added Wiimote rumble when a tile pair is successfully selected
    Added an option to turn the rumble feature on or off
    Added the saving and loading of configuration data to SD card (mahjongg.cfg on root of SD)
    Added SDHC support
    Added Danish language support
    Wrote language selection paging - now with 9 languages per page with the plus and minus buttons (or on screen equivalents) used to move between them
    Added button B usage as an alternative back button whilst in the menus
    Added callback functions so that power and reset on the Wii now work and power button on the wiimote now turns the Wii off
    Fixed several bugs

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I realy like it!!

I'd still 1 - 2 proposals.

1. It should work with the A button the stones can also deselect resist.
    2. For the use of help and mixing time If penalties are introduced. I think because at 2 min for help and 10 minutes for mixing.
    3. An undo button would be nice.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon-777 View Post
    I realy like it!!

I'd still 1 - 2 proposals.

1. It should work with the A button the stones can also deselect resist.
    2. For the use of help and mixing time If penalties are introduced. I think because at 2 min for help and 10 minutes for mixing.
    3. An undo button would be nice.
    Xenon thanks for the suggestions

1. You can press the B button to deselect, so I am not sure how much value there would be in deselecting also with A when you are over the tile. I will take a look though
    2. If you ask for help it currently gives a 30 second penalty, I like the idea of giving a penalty for using a shuffle and will add this in to the game
    3. Another good idea I will add it to the todo list

to 1 .... hmmm ... who do i describe .... oh ... i know ... 1 Pic say more then 1000 Word

(PS: Cilling pure )

You see ... B is not in range

A nother idea ... a Judebox vor extern Music ... but this is, i think, not so simple
    Last edited by Xenon-777; January 31st, 2009 at 16:32.

DCEmu Coder

Ah I see, well in that case I have added your request 1 (A button on already selected tile now deselects) into the code for version 0.8

i have found 2 Bugs:

1. the Game didn't read the Music-Setting at start

2. if ther didn't find a shuffle with open Pares in short time the give up and let the Bord with 00 Pares. You can't continue the Bord then. the Only you can do is kill the Bord ent begin a new.

The next Idea is that you make a screenshot Direktori with Number in the Scrennshot, or the time so we can make more Screenshots. Ideal is if the HB-Programmer agree to make Screenshots in one direktorie with the filemane <Game>-<Time>.<ending>.
    Last edited by Xenon-777; February 7th, 2009 at 00:09.

DCEmu Coder

Thanks for the bug reports Xenon-777, I have fixed the two bugs now and these will be in v0.8

I have also changed the screenshot function so that the filenames are now MahjonggWii_Screen_YYMMDD_HH:MM:SS.png

Cheers

Justin

hmmm ... you shout change the : in the filename ... : can make Problems on a lot of Systems.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon-777 View Post
    hmmm ... you shout change the : in the filename ... : can make Problems on a lot of Systems.
    Ah ok have removed the colons :thumbup:

Thread Information