Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROFL - Gamerking ? Another Scam ??

Blog Entries

Thumbs down ROFL - Gamerking ? Another Scam ??

Always on the look out for scams and offers that are either bull$#@! or at worse a real scam.

our friends over at psp updates have on their site for the 2nd time in a few days a newspost that says this:

OT: Coupon for you Addicts

I have always been of the mindset that you aren't a true gamer unless MMO addiction has caused you to: drop out of school, get a divorce, forget what month it is, or seriously consider leaving this life behind for the sure knowledge that your favorite cyber-world is in fact the afterlife you are sure to ascend to.

I've suffered through addiction to Ultima Online, EverQuest (three times), Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest 2, World of Warcraft, and various other MMORPGs. While off topic, I thought it was cool that the guys over at GamerKing.com sent us a 20% off coupon to give to our users to help them feed their MMO addictions with in-game currency (gold, plat, credits, what have you) for their game of choice. Just use coupon code "PSP" (all caps) when you check out for 20% off.

Remember kids, MMOs can cause serious injury to your friends, family, education, marraige, health, body fat %, and cause the line to blur severely between reality and game. But damn they are fun.
    now the real funny thing is is that Gamerking.com http://www.gamerking.com/ is actually owned by the same company yes its a company that owns the updates or Qj sites as they are calling them selves these days.

Be extremely wary of the coupon and the site above, please post any findings if you have any to warn others.

ya, about that, i noticed this too
    with a frtiend who no cares about his comp, here what i told him to do. first,i told him to run a virus/spywar scane, then i talked him into trying it, then i told him to run the exact same virus/spyware scanner, no settings changed. it found 34 spywares and 2 viruses.

so, shortly, WARNING IT CONTAINS 34 SPYWARE AND 2 VIRUSES

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    so, shortly, WARNING IT CONTAINS 34 SPYWARE AND 2 VIRUSES
    No freaking way... thats terrible. I can't believe PSPU would do that. Is it from some links you got to go through or from the site directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    No freaking way... thats terrible. I can't believe PSPU would do that. Is it from some links you got to go through or from the site directly?
    no clue, all i nkow is he went through the whole thing, so it's from somewhere

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xuphorz
    no clue, all i nkow is he went through the whole thing, so it's from somewhere
    Terrible

DCEmu Newbie

Angry

Which is why I hate that goddamned site.

Blog Entries

Meh, I hate them to but I'd at least like to see some-sort of a truce. Seems to be pissing off a lot of coders that we hate them and they hate us.

a rare visit by 1time (for now):

Meh, I hate them to but I'd at least like to see some-sort of a truce. Seems to be pissing off a lot of coders that we hate them and they hate us.
    I feel they have a reason to be a little pissed off. They are not making releases for websites, they are making releases for the scene as a whole... even so I think pspu has taken a corrupt path, however it isnt any of our business if they want to take the evil path. Karma has vengeance.

Blog Entries

Indeed, I've been in some discussions with Clay, Fanjita, and PSmonkey. I think we should have some sort of a truce. I still don't agree with anything PSPU does but the feud seems to be having a real negative effect on the scene. I'd reccomend checking this thread out here. Just ignore the ignorance of iball and ForzenIpaq (iball is more then ignorant ).

http://forums.qj-.net/showthread.php?t=35907&page=1&pp=10

Remove the green dash when copying and pasting.

Its got a good open discussion going on between many important people. Its good open stuff. i encourage everyone at dcemu to check it out despite our current outlook towards the site. Trust me this is worth going to the dark side for.

edit: I've been trying to be as neatral and open minded as I could. Best to do the same if any of you guys decide to post in it. Meaning don't go in yelling flames about why dc-emu is better and how much you hate them.

hey
    if anyone is interested in gamerking I attempted to purchase some gil for ff11...(yes ok ok i was willing to spend my money so I could get past a very annoying stage!)
    however; oooh suprise suprise it never came.
    Judging from the comments here, this is adding wood to the fire so I'll try and clarify...
    Paid via paypal on saturday think yea 24/7 instant delivery sounds fine...so went ahead and have my paypal receipt.
    Now its monday, despite having to wait round the moghouse nothing has come, and I have not received the promised email from gamerking to say everything is fine. Infact I cannot get hold of them at all.

I couldn't care less about my money thats gone, but what really bugs the hell out of me is that they somewhere are most probably laughing, enjoying conning people with no doubt FF11s agreement that users will not participate in RMT (real money trades)

Perhaps I have just got a bad experience, but from what I've seen of them, I don't think I'm alone.

If you guys are interested in this, I will post when I get anything from them

Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information