Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLynx 0.9

I registered here just to thank PLynx for the porting and adaptation of the Lynx emulator. I love it! I was going to report the same Option1/2 problem as it also pertains to Todd's Adventures in Slime World. I'll download the fixed version and see if it's OK now. Edit: It works great now!

Perhaps it's a good idea to rename this release to 0.9.1 and make sure it gets updated on all PSP sites as the only place I've found it is right here in this forum.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool Thanks for PLYNX

Thanks for the downloads,PLynx and all.i have them on file and i'll take them
    for a spin on my psp!--thequietman2364

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PLynx
    Here is the latest PLynx version.

v0.9:
    - Added homebrew format support (.o)
    - Option to rotate the screen (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°)

Feel free to comment.

<A HREF="http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82782#post82782"> Download</A>
    Strange, tried to download 0.9 - doesnīt work! Tried to do this with 0.82 -> no problem. Please upload 0.9 again!

Small nag:

if you press select, L Actions, then select Load State, the background pic will still indicate "R Cartridges" as an option but that won't work once you are in the Load State screen. You can however press X to leave this screen and return to the game.

Great work Plynx! Many many thanks! the Plynx emulator is so cool. It was such a beatifull experience turning on the psp and seeing the nice big screen filled up with lynx sweetness, it almost filled my eyes with tears

I checked the plynx source code in hope that I could help improving the music as I know some C, but unfortanetly I didnīt understand much of the code as I donīt really know how emulators work. Anyway Thanks again and Iīm keeping my fingers crossed that you sometimes get the idea to improve the sound emulation. in all other ways I think itīs perfect as long as you put the clockspeed to 265 or 333.

Nice work allso phaze1 on the intro screen which is great, and the "Bevare I live" intro talk is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-Lynx
    I checked the plynx source code in hope that I could help improving the music as I know some C, but unfortanetly I didnīt understand much of the code as I donīt really know how emulators work. Anyway Thanks again and Iīm keeping my fingers crossed that you sometimes get the idea to improve the sound emulation. in all other ways I think itīs perfect as long as you put the clockspeed to 265 or 333.
    I'm also not a coder

I installed Handy 0.90 on my windows box and the sound (I'm using Powerfactor end-of-game as a reference) is great. This would indicate the sound hardware emulation is fine, but the PSP sound is the problem. Perhaps the music can be improved by using the ME (as in SNES9X_TYL 0.3me and NesterJ 1.10) and a 44100 sample rate (not using the ME might be done in 333MHz with a vblank-like throttler?)

Other good tests are the Jimmy Connors tennis cart intro and the digitized voices in Checkered Flag and Pinball Jam.

Luckily in-game sounds are usually fine, so it's not a high priority thing.

Man... I've almost exclusively been playing Slime World, Chip's Challenge, Crystal Mines 2 and Xenophobe! PLynx, what have you done!?! LOL

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,
    I just downloaded Plynx for FW1.5 but it doesn't work for me. I can browse all the settings menu but I cannot see any .lnx or .zip roms in in the rom list even though I put some of the into the rom/ directory. (also the lynxboot.img is in the same folder as the EBOO.PBP)
    Am I doing anything wrong?
    Thanks for any advice!

DCEmu Newbie

Ah, just found the problem. The emulator code is comparing the file extensions against '.lnx' or '.zip' but from my debug session I found that the filenames readed from the mem card are using caps like '.LNX' and '.ZIP'
    In other words the string coparison is case sensitive so the emulator 'cannot find the roms'.
    I doble checked the filenames on my mem card and they *are* saved with *no caps* so I wonder what could cause such problem?
    Anyway I changed the file extension definitions in the sources, recompiled and voila it works! :-)

The emulator is cool, thanks for your great work!

Well great for yyou and i hope it works much better

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone managed to play Lemmings with this emulator? Whenever I try to start a level it shows the level but the trapdoor never opens and the level doesn't start, it just hangs there.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information