Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] Dualshock3 Windows Drivers Released

DCEmu Newbie

Though the style of writing is good, we all know this info well before...

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, so will these drives work with a wirless PS3 Dualshock 3 controller connected to a windows XP 32 bit system via the mini-usb, and NOT the wireless bluetooth connection?

I ask because my laptop is kinda old and doesnt have bluetooth....so i need something that will work via the USB.

DCEmu Newbie

this is not impressive at all get it too work on vista 64bit and ill say good work

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ac0lyt3 View Post
    First up, for anyone failing to install this for Vista x64, there is a simple reason for this. These drivers are unsigned and as such will never be allowed to be installed by that OS. Even if someone writes an x64 compatible driver, it will only ever load into XP x64 as Vista 64 will not allow it.

For everyone else having difficulty who is not running a 64bit OS, many systems have multiple HID entries in their device manager. They can be anything from a keyboard, mouse or fancy game pad. There are other devices that come under this category as well. The easiest way to find the right entry is to do the following.

1. Open Device Manager. The most universal method to do this is to open Control Panel, then open System. If you are running XP, click the tab called Hardware. From this tab there is a button marked Device Manager. If you are running Vista there will be a link on the left side of the System window.

2. From Device Manager, open the view menu and click "Devices by connection". This will rearrange the device tree into the hiearchy of device connections.

3. Expand the ACPI x86-based PC tree, then the Microsoft ACPI-compliant System, PCI bus tree.

4. From that view you should see a number of entries that have the term USB Universal Host Controller in their titles. Make sure that the DS3 is NOT plugged in and then expand each USB UHC entry. They will all have a USB Root Hub which may or may not be expandable. Expand the ones that are and make note of the devices listed under them.

5. Once you have noted the existing HID devices attached to all of your USB Root Hubs, plug in your DS3. Depending on the version of windows you have, you may need to click the refresh button at the top of the screen (or press the F5 key) to see your DS3 added to the root hubs. On Vista it comes up as a USB Human Interface Device with a "HID-compliant game controller" nested under it, I suspect that XP will have a similar description.

7. Once you have located the CORRECT HID entry, right-click it and select "Update driver software". Under Vista click Browse my computer for driver software. Then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click the "Have Disk" button then browse to where you extracted the driver to. Click on the dualshock3.inf then click Open. Click ok then click next on the Update Driver Software wizard. You should see the message "Windows has successfully updated your driver software". Click close then check for the DS3 in your game controllers under control panel.

You may need to press the PS button on the DS3 before it will register responses from the Game Controllers test screen. I hope this explanation helps a lot of the less computer literate out there.
    now after hard research for us 64bit vista user i have came up with info from

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-p...ndows-7-vista/

apperantly u can turn off the digital signature enforcement

although he does it on win7 and vista well i dont know how to get that screen up but it is possible apperantly any help for me if you's get it too work

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Voradors View Post
    Ok, so will these drives work with a wirless PS3 Dualshock 3 controller connected to a windows XP 32 bit system via the mini-usb, and NOT the wireless bluetooth connection?

I ask because my laptop is kinda old and doesnt have bluetooth....so i need something that will work via the USB.
    anyone please?

DCEmu Newbie

I just installed it on a 32 bit winXp machine... ppl should try things that are as simple as installing themselves before asking questions

DCEmu Newbie

when i try to install the .inf file an error pops up that said "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation" please help
    i have a windows vista 64bit and 4gb of ram

Try using the drivers found right here.

DCEmu Newbie

I try to make the sixasix controller working, but once the driver is installed, Windows 7 (32 bits) don't see the PS3 controller.
    The driver doesn't work at all.
    I try many other methods I have seen but all have failed.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information