Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: [OLD] Dualshock3 Windows Drivers Released

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x32 and I go under the Device Manager and everything he says is there but when i wanna chose the file I downloaded i can't simply because it doesn't appear and i downloaded both and re-downloaded but still appears as the .sys file isn't there HELP!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by supra21 View Post
    so how exactly do you install the driver, i plug in my pad nothing gets detected. I am running vista x64.....
    Yea I dont know what to do either. I downloaded the normal driver, rumble thing and settings thing and am running Windows XP. And how do I get to the device manager?

Question

So how do I set this up? I download the normal driver, rumble driver, and settings driver and am running windows xp (I think) SP3. Also, how do u go to the device manger again?

confused

DCEmu Newbie

to all the complainers: if you can do a better job then stop complaining and whining and write a better app. and if you cannot do so, then SHUT-UP.

To get to Device Manager in Windows XP: Control Panel > System > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager

If your Control Panel is in category view, then go to Performance and Maintenance to access "System."

And, since this IS going to be asked (if not has already been asked)... hid = "Human Interface Devices." Once there, make sure that you have only one "USB Human Interface Device." If there are more than 1, start disconnecting other USB devices till there is only 1 left (i.e. do NOT disconnect your PS3 controller).

Select: "Install from list or specify location (Advanced)"
    -"Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."
    -click "Have Disk..." and manually enter the location as Windows won't acknowledge whatever location you specify most likely (I just copy/pasted the location from the address bar of the folder)

It'll complain about it not being digitally signed, so just click "Continue Anyway." Once that's done it should be installed... If you had to disconnect any other USB devices, it's safe to put them back in now. In Device Manager, your PS3 controller should now be labeled as "DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta."

For the Force Feedback thing, right click it and select "Install." And that should be that...

And please remember that this is for Windows XP ONLY. Don't ask me about Vista, 7 or whatever... I'm still on XP and don't plan on going anywhere else any time soon. Don't try and convince me to change either as I can't afford it right now.

DCEmu Newbie

Is it possible to re-assign the buttons somehow? Everything works fine but, if playing Mame Space Harrier for example, the fire button is the select button which is a PITA.

EDIT: Ahh, not to worry just seen there are new drivers in the 32 and 64 bit Dualshock 3 drivers for Windows XP, Vista and 7 thread. I'll try that.
    Last edited by BikeNutt; January 29th, 2010 at 14:52.

DCEmu Newbie

i instaled the rumble driver but the window does not appear... can smeone please help me thx... =D

BTW I am using windows 7 but that shoud be no issue since it is ultimate it is EVERY OS compatible...

(I tried it on assassins creed but the window never came up)
    Last edited by Babestar; February 12th, 2010 at 12:53.

DCEmu Newbie

merci je test

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information