Thread: DreamCast shuts down after inserting Disc

DCEmu Newbie

Default DreamCast shuts down after inserting Disc

Hello Everyone, this is my first post here despite being registered for quite some time.

Anyway... I recently bought the SEGA DC console... because i still remember how much fun i had playing Rival shools 2 and Shenmue and lots of great games on it a couple of years back.

And... it's kind of a dissapointment to see that it's not working.

Anyway... here's the problem.

Everytime the disc starts spinning, the DC will shutdown and will not respond for 1-2 minutes (no reset, no power up... nothing...) if i try turning it on with a Disc inside... it shuts down immidiately.

As for booting up without a disc... it boots up pretty normally... i can even check the VMU and the rotor spins nicely.

As soon as it gets any weight resistance (like a CD on it) it just shuts down though...

What could be the issue? should i drag my DC to a service for repairs? or is it something i can do at home? (I have some experience with dismantling consoles... mainly PS2, PSP, PSX and PS3)

Thanks for any feedback!

DCEmu Newbie

Ok... nevermind... i know what is the problem now... the 120/220V converter was Pure $#@! bought in USA.. and well... it just blew up one of the condensators on the power supply board inside (or whatever is that called).

Anyway... I'll try to find and replace one as soon as possible... and I'll try to buy another converter.

Thread Information