Thread: Upspear - New PSP manager application released!

Lightbulb Upspear - New PSP manager application released!

Hi there,
    I finally managed to put together a releasable version of the application I have been developing in the last month. It's called "Upspear" (someday I will explain how it got this name ).

I've set up a temporary webpage for it at http://www.nogood.it/sukkopera/upspear/

Remember that this is a *TEST* version, made for the purpose of people testing it and reporting bugs/crashes/wishes, so don't hesitate to mail me: enjoy.the.silence AT iol.it.

I hope you will enjoy my work!

Excerpt from the README file:
    Upspear is a new application to fully manage the PSP from a PC. It's thought for PSPs with firmware 1.50, at least for the moment. Support for other firmwares may be added in the future, in case somebody gets homebrew running on them.

At the moment you can:

See the homebrews you have installed, rename and delete them.
    Identify useless folders in psp/game.
    See your savegames and delete the ones you don't need anymore.
    Hide the "corrupt data" icons or push them to the bottom of the list.
    Kxploit a 1.0 eboot.pbp, making it work under 1.5 firmwares.
    View the contents of a .SFO format file (i. e.: param.sfo).

All these functions can be performed through the nice graphical interface the program has. The program itself is in English, but it uses GNU gettext, which means that it can be easily translated in other languages. At the moment only an Italian translation is available, but anybody can submit more translations, see the "Contributing" section below if you're interested.

Upspear is programmed in C, using the GTK+ toolkit. Development is done under Linux, but it should run with no problems on other operating systems, such as Windows and MacOSX. The code is released under the GPL, so it is free software (as in "free speech", not as in "free beer").

Many things have still to be implemented, as I don't have as much time to spend on it as I would like, but basic features are there, and it should *never* crash (hopefully ). We have made this test release so that people can use and test the program. Should you encounter any bugs/crashes, we would like you to report them, mailing us at [email protected].

niiiiiice

can you make skins for it?
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

no, sorry, but that will be the last feature i will implement (if ever). there are many more useful functionalities the app needs.

although you can use the GTK+ themeing to change the look of the application, like you can see in my various linux screenshots. I don't know exactly how it works on windows, I'll have a look ASAP.

anyone else tried the app? i'm eager for suggestions!

Blog Entries

hi gonna post this on the main page

thank you very much!

i like this program. it has potential.

Thread Information