Thread: Moonlight to quit the scene

DCEmu Coder

NDS Moonlight to quit the scene

Translated by Densetsu3000 at GBAtemp.

Here's a quick translation. I didn't do a full, word-for-word translation, but the main message is there.
    I imagined the next several years of my life would gradually beat me half to death with weak punches, but I just took a huge blow and am now on the verge of death. Moonlight here. Good evening.

I was promised many things over the phone with the company president, but they didn't deliver. I was told that if I had anything to say, I should say it directly. So I'll give it to you straight!
    [see xjenova's post]

Yes! I created M3 Sakura! If you buy and use it, you can get firmware that plays commercial games! But I haven't tried it myself! Yes, I know that it plays games! You would think that if I could create Sakura, I would at least know about that! I even went all the way to China because they told me some of the bugs couldn't be fixed! For 3 weeks!...
    Even if Sakura sells I won't see a single yen of the profits...

I have decided to stop developing for the DS. For the longest time I've been putting up with crap, so there, I've said it directly...

I have put up with a lot of animosity over this matter, and there are probably a lot of people who would be happy if I died. Well, goodbye.

Don't bother sending mail. I'll just delete them without reading them.
    今後数年は削り弱パンで生殺しになるんだろうなぁと暗澹たる予想をしていたのですが、今回がつーんと大パン チがクリーンヒットしてしまって瀕死状態のMoonlightですこんばんわ。
    さすがにこれは喧嘩売りすぎだよね?と電話したところ、文句があるなら直接言えばいいじゃんと言われてしま いました。
    ここは誤解を生みそうなのでもう少し補足しておくと、少なくとも日本国内からだけは手を引くよ、と約束して くれた(私はM3さくらの商品価値期間は残り約 四ヶ月程度だと踏んでいるのですが、撤退準備期間もあるので春頃には頑張ります!、と言われたときはびっく りしたけどというのは長い余談で(笑))し、 まぁそれでも一応約束してくれて、今後M3日本は日本語版に一切手を出さない、積極的に売らない、という約 束もしてくれました。どちらも守ってくれている らしいので、こんな状況じゃシャチョさんに文句言っても仕方ないよねー直接言えないのわかってていけずだな ぁ。販売数だけは…需要と供給だし削ることもで きないだろうけど。要するにできないことは約束するなってだけのはなし。まぁそれはそれとして、文句じゃな くて愚痴になっちゃってごめんねー。って話をし ていたら最後にアレを言われたのでまぁ私としてはじゃぁ直接言うか!って気分です。さぁ充分わかりづらく書 いたぞ!直接ぶっちゃける気合い完了!

はい!M3さくらは私が作りました! これを買って、これを 入れれば市販ゲームも動く快適さくらが手にはいるよ!私は試してないけどね!うん!ゲーム動くって知ってた !っていうか知らなきゃつくれないよこんなの! バグが直らないって言われて中国にも行ったし!三週間も。(無報酬なのはいいとしても中国語しゃべれない私 が言ってどうするのよね(苦笑
    さくらが売れても私は一円も儲かりませんが、まぁ売り上げベースで数億って言ったら中小ゲームメーカでいえ ば大ヒット御の字でしょ?これ以上私に望むことはないよね!たぶん私がなに言っても売り上げに影響ないから 安心してね。

もうDSやめます。っていうか開発止めます。延々チクチク嫌がらせされて文句言いたいので直接言いました。 プログラム以外の趣味は無いのでそのうち死にますね。自分で言うのもあれだけど、プログラム止めたら未練無 さすぎです(笑
    今回の件で結構色々なところから反感買っちゃって、私が死んだら喜ぶ人も少なくないんじゃない かな? それじゃさよならー。

メールとか送らないでね。見ないで食べちゃうよ。

Source (Moonlight's Blog):http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/

At the PSP scene, there was Mariam left the scene.
    Now recently at the DS scene, Moonlight quits.
    What an ugly week for our beloved homebrew community. Man this sucks.

OMG i am so sad that moonshell 2.00 will never be a real thing but hey at least he left us with a beta 5

Greedy bastards!!! I hope moonlight is only going through a down time from this thats only temporary. He's one of the more talented homebrew developers in the NDS scene. If not the best considering his homebrew wares.....

Thread Information