Thread: New unofficial patch for Fanjita's eboot loader

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default New unofficial patch for Fanjita's eboot loader

GameSharkGX has created an unofficial patch for Fanjita's sweet eboot loader. Here's what he had to say...

Hello GameShark Here!!!

First of i just want to say that Fanjita deserves all the credit in the world for making Eboot_Loader 0.9, i is a great app.

Now for the Patch!
    I have made a patch for Fanjita's Ebootloader 0.9

Below is a list of improvments + a few customization fetures

Improvments:

* Improved Stablity

* New Background + Optional Background Pack

* More Stablity When Running a Wifi Apps

* More Memory for Programs

* Kernel Warning Removed - (no longer need confirmation before running kerrenel apps)

* Holding Home Now either restarts psp (May freze but will restart), or bings you to the eboot_loader

There is a new set of backgrounds i have included
    Credit for the backgrounds goes to, my bud M1ndle5s (PSP-HACKS.COM)
    Read the readme in the Backgrounds Package folder for installation directions

Hope That This Release Holds You all over till Fanjita makes an offical Update.

Download at this forum topic--->http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18031

DCEmu Newbie

haha... thats me above. o yeah. o and i will be working on more backgrounds. so yeah

DCEmu Rookie

what's this about kernel mode? i thought 2.0 couldn't access kernel mode?

2.0 can not run kernel mode processes

But the loader can try and execute apps that use some kernel calls.
    so it sends a dumy reply to the programs that alows it to execute

And in 0.9B
    all i did was remove the warning that came up
    before a kernel app executed

DCEmu Regular

actually... you CAN execute 'some' kernal calls (how else did they get wifi or even the usb connection to work?) More to the point, how else would the downgrader work on 2.0 (it does flash a little somefin somefin to the firmware to trick it inito thinking it's a 1.0 so it will execute the 1.5 update) I think noone really knows (or just isn't making public is more like it) how to make the calls some of the warez kiddies are looking for

Default Bug Report

Well, I just tried this on my 2.00 PSP and it did not seem very stable at all. Crashed just as much if not more than Fanjita's original. The biggest problem was when using NesterJ and RIN, it seemed like the up button on the D-Pad was "stuck". The selection just kept continually moving up. Very annoying when trying to select ROMs or adjust settings.

Also noticed that the Loader was not as stable when switching between different EMU's. For instance, after using PSPGenesis and switching to snesTYL02c if you tried to load a SNES rom it froze. There did not seem to be as much freedom in switching between different EMU's.

Great Menu Background though. I was able to keep the background and just switch back to using Fanjita's original Loader files. I would like to know how this works for others.

DCEmu Regular

Your problems with the D_pad being stuck up is YOUR problem with not RTFM (or reading other posts regarding the eboot loader). There's a config file for the loader in your memory card. Disable a little somfin and that particular problem goes away. Things can actually be disabled/enabled on a per-eboot-basis!

Quote Originally Posted by urherenow
    Disable a little somfin and that particular problem goes away. Things can actually be disabled/enabled on a per-eboot-basis!
    Thanks for the info. I never had any problems like that before so didn't figure it was the config. I will check up on this. Still interested in how this works for others as far as what homebrew apps are improved or what problems people may be running into.

Thread Information