Thread: Single or Multi?

Default Single or Multi?

I have a question about Iris. When the time comes, will you be concentrating more on the deathmatch/multiplayer aspect of the project or single player stuff, like scripted events and such?

PSP Coder

Both. I want to make it massive in every aspect. Really think of it like quake 4. Quake 4 has a great single player game yet the multiplayer is every bit as good as quake 3 (which completly focused on deathmatch) if not better.

a campaign mode with a backstory would be wicked you could like download campaign packs to get a few new models, maps etc.

Yeah that would be very cool to have. Can't wait to see your upcoming progress on iris

PSP Coder

Hey BrokenWing,
    Welcome, Glad to see you posting over here on the nemo forums.

Yeah, with a game that has so much potential (Iris), I had to sign up here to get and talk about your progress.

Actually I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

1. I am curious as to how you plan on making the story mode like. Are you thinking full-fledged Story battles with bosses and everything or are you thinking more of a becoming the best warrior in the galaxy by defeating the best warriors in a variety of matches? Either of these would be cool (or even a mix of the two would be even cooler)

2. I've noticed Quake for the psp has recently had Ad-Hoc with Co-op implemented into it. What are the chances of that happening? I could see co-op dual team matches being very popular.

3. Chances of many different options in the future versions? (Low Gravity, Enemy's AI, One-shot kills, Rapid Fire for all weapons, etc.) Maybe taking a bit of inspiration from Timesplitters

4. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited about the progression this game will make over time. Cheers to a good game that will become Legenday (Don't let Sony take you away and have you make Iris for version 3.0! We all see 3.0 is coming lol)

Just my two cents...What if you had a mix of tournaments and a normal type of story mode where you can buy guns and upgrade them? Maybe you could buy power-ups for single-player such as a double jump or armor that gives you more protection? Or maybe I'm taking this a little too far lol. Anyways like I said, just my two cents =o

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing
    Yeah, with a game that has so much potential (Iris), I had to sign up here to get and talk about your progress.

Actually I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

1. I am curious as to how you plan on making the story mode like. Are you thinking full-fledged Story battles with bosses and everything or are you thinking more of a becoming the best warrior in the galaxy by defeating the best warriors in a variety of matches? Either of these would be cool (or even a mix of the two would be even cooler)

2. I've noticed Quake for the psp has recently had Ad-Hoc with Co-op implemented into it. What are the chances of that happening? I could see co-op dual team matches being very popular.

3. Chances of many different options in the future versions? (Low Gravity, Enemy's AI, One-shot kills, Rapid Fire for all weapons, etc.) Maybe taking a bit of inspiration from Timesplitters

4. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited about the progression this game will make over time. Cheers to a good game that will become Legenday (Don't let Sony take you away and have you make Iris for version 3.0! We all see 3.0 is coming lol)

Just my two cents...What if you had a mix of tournaments and a normal type of story mode where you can buy guns and upgrade them? Maybe you could buy power-ups for single-player such as a double jump or armor that gives you more protection? Or maybe I'm taking this a little too far lol. Anyways like I said, just my two cents =o
    1) To be determined. Maybe a mix (like you fight against quake 2 ai but at the same time there is a bounty hunter after you).
    2) Need to steal a friends psp to do multi. I plan to do it soon.
    3) they are in the works
    4) hehe

keep ideas & opinions comming. I love to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    1) To be determined. Maybe a mix (like you fight against quake 2 ai but at the same time there is a bounty hunter after you).
    2) Need to steal a friends psp to do multi. I plan to do it soon.
    3) they are in the works
    4) hehe

keep ideas & opinions comming. I love to read them.
    I have way too many ideas for games lol. If you really wish to know what I think could be added I could make another post.

Just a warning though, I can go on and on about things like this, that's why I highlight the important things in green for you lol.

Thread Information