Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP2 coming 2010, SE to unveil MMO at E3!

Blog Entries

psp PSP2 coming 2010, SE to unveil MMO at E3!

In this months issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK there are some very interesting rumors in the Insider Whispers section.

EA is holding an auction in which NFL players can bid to be on the front cover of Madden 2010
    Developers are already working on PSP2 games which is tentatively scheduled for released in 2010
    Tetsuya Mizuguchi is looking to make a sequel to REZ
    Square Enix will unveil a ‘Different from FF’ MMO at E3
    A PSP version of Motorstorm is in the works and may release this year
    Monolith is already working on F.E.A.R 3
    Lego Harry Potter is on the way
    We will remind readers that these are just rumors from the latest Issue of OPM UK.

http://playstationgameruk.wordpress....eil-mmo-at-e3/

DCEmu Legend

I guess all those nails in the PSP's coffin supposedly driven in by PSP Homebrew & Custom Firmware are being pulled out.

This works. You would assume that the PSP2 will be harder to crack or exploit. But it will have to be backward compatible with current PSP games you'd think. So both homebrew enthusiasts and the regular gamer who just plays commercial games can all make out pretty well.

DCEmu Newbie

I swear to god the PSP2 better not use UMD's please for the love of god. Battery life, game loading, would be 5x better if they went with a flash based game cartridge of some sort.

I took out my UMD drive on my psp and I've never had to worry about my battery life again. I have a second psp to rip games that I buy to play on my other psp.

That game list looks awesome
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

It will probably cost more than the PSP and cheaper hand held tend to sell a lot better. We're at a point in hand held where graphics are just good enough, and a more powerful PSP wont be incentive enough for the masses to buy it. Great for homebrew though. If it's called PSP2 it will create even more confusion. . I also imagine people being like, "The PSP looks pretty good and it's cheaper..." I just don't imagine it selling.

I knew they weren't going to wait until 2014. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes with the original PSP. Add a second analog stick, have a large library of good games at launch, and maybe even phone capabilities on top of great graphics.

One thing Sony has been known for this decade is launching consoles without games or other content that gives the console bad reputation at first. They need to think back to the PS1's launch if you ask me.

the original psp is dead i sold mine ill wait for the psp2

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    EA is holding an auction in which NFL players can bid to be on the front cover of Madden 2010
    Damn thats more shocking than the psp2 news! Oh wait its EA nevermind

Remember the good ol' days when actual good athletes were recognized by being put in the cover of games.... That is what we are gonna say in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Rbman View Post
    I swear to god the PSP2 better not use UMD's please for the love of god. Battery life, game loading, would be 5x better if they went with a flash based game cartridge of some sort.

I took out my UMD drive on my psp and I've never had to worry about my battery life again. I have a second psp to rip games that I buy to play on my other psp.
    I think it will be UMD because of the backward compat. And yeah, I'd buy it on day 1, PSP is awesome !

DCEmu Rookie

The main thing is to make games easier to program, microsoft has much better dev kits and nintendo games are just so simple, obviously a touch screen is the most important then they can port nds games over for younger players but still have the ability for psp quality games, this is the common sense approach, but this is Sony we talking about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information