Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Good news thread

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    480i? RF? Wow, you are forever behind.

Though at least you can still play retro, where I've had to say goodbye to playing HotD and Virtua Cop (for now). Which the answer for my HDTV was Time Crisis 4, where the gun is the worst thing I've held (not good).
    Nah, I haven't used RF since the '90s. Just hook up a VCR and you have composite input.

I'm not doing too bad. I have one of the highest-quality SD CRTs which as you said are also compatible with light guns.

Apparently, some HD CRTs are compatible with light guns. These TVs are also nice because they have no native resolution and their black levels are perfect (as CRTs tend to display darker colors better while LCDs are better with brighter ones).

Blog Entries

I purchased a PSP on Friday for £90 after eBay removed it (because eBay doesn't understand the word homebrew), which will see me back into the handheld homebrew scene. Since I get bored on trians and playing Tepong on my KM900 makes me feel like a complete idiot when people stare.

Plus today, I purchased an Xbox 360 console with just the power supply and the T.V. lead for £66 (£52 before postage) which I sniped with only 6 seconds to go. Plus a wireless controller and a 20GB hard drive for an additional £42.15, which I believe my total of £108.15 wasn't bad considering the price from GAME where I would only earn 4% (£5.20) for my reward card (ever so mathematical).

Hopefully Shenmue II works with the 360, because I seriously want to play it and watch the DVD content (I currently have no interest in any 360 titles).

I purchased a PSP on Friday for £90 after eBay removed it (because eBay doesn't understand the word homebrew), which will see me back into the handheld homebrew scene. Since I get bored on trians and playing Tepong on my KM900 makes me feel like a complete idiot when people stare.
    I almost won a PSP-3000 from a stupid machine. I was damn close, too.

Plus today, I purchased an Xbox 360 console with just the power supply and the T.V. lead for £66 (£52 before postage) which I sniped with only 6 seconds to go. Plus a wireless controller and a 20GB hard drive for an additional £42.15, which I believe my total of £108.15 wasn't bad considering the price from GAME where I would only earn 4% (£5.20) for my reward card (ever so mathematical).

Hopefully Shenmue II works with the 360, because I seriously want to play it and watch the DVD content (I currently have no interest in any 360 titles).
    Shenmue II should work. Just be wary of the backwards compatibility (skip to 1:25 or so):

I know MvC2 is already on XBLA. This is just how the original Xbox title runs on the 360.
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; March 7th, 2010 at 18:25.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    I almost won a PSP-3000 from a stupid machine. I was damn close, too.
    I remember when there were GBA's in those machines that has a Tetris style game called Stacker (I think that's the machine you mean?) where you get a prize depending on the displaying number, but I have never seen anyone win the prizes because nobody makes it to the final stages of the game in the noisy shopping centres. Though I have seen missing prizes in some machines.

Once when I was at a fair, in 1996 there was an original Gameboy in a penny slider machine, which I got told to leave the arcade because I shook the machine and the pennies dropped and the alarm sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    Shenmue II should work. Just be wary of the backwards compatibility (skip to 1:25 or so):

I know MvC2 is already on XBLA. This is just how the original Xbox title runs on the 360.
    Backwards compatibility is always tetchy with each console, hopefully Shenmue II plays better.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

I remember when there were GBA's in those machines that has a Tetris style game called Stacker (I think that's the machine you mean?) where you get a prize depending on the displaying number, but I have never seen anyone win the prizes because nobody makes it to the final stages of the game in the noisy shopping centres. Though I have seen missing prizes in some machines.
    Stacker is rigged in such a way that the total odds of winning, even if you do get to the top level are something to the effect of 1 in 800 (its really not hard to get to the top level -- just impossible to win once you get there).

Anyway... I bought two broken PS2s from a flea market today (the guy told me that neither would read discs at all). One of them has a bit of trouble reading discs, the other works perfectly. Now, if only I could find my PS2 network adapter, I'd be all set.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

I bought a used copy of Conker Live and Reloaded which is fully backwards compatible with the 360, yay

Also my car is getting finally fixed, I crashed last month, nothing happened to me but my car ended up pretty bad.

Thank God for car insurance, hope it turns out ok
    Last edited by mike_jmg; March 10th, 2010 at 20:09.

Blog Entries

After three years, I'm taking small steps with my new PSP which came with 5.50 GEN B and I've updated to B2, C, D, D2 and I'm currently going to D3 in the hopes of fully accessing the PlayStation Store where I have much credit on my PS3... Store and homebrew.

just bought this HDTV to play God of War 3, and of course already got my pandora's box.

Blog Entries

I successfully X-clamped an Xbox360 which I purchased on eBay with the RRoD (also a victim of Microsoft's December hammer) as a little curiosity project as to how easy the clamping was.

Though sadly, even thought the console looks nice with the XCM Chameleon case I'm bored with it already since there really is no reason to have a second Xbox360.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

I successfully X-clamped an Xbox360 which ...since there really is no reason to have a second Xbox360.

homebrew???

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information