Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good news thread

Thumbs up The Good news thread

Where do we go when we just dont know, how do we relight the flame when its cold. why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing and when do we learn to control, Tragic words spoken by a true prophet of our times.
    lets face it, we all pretend we arent when we put on our game faces, but we are all feeling the grip of this economic crisis in one way or another. Some much worse then others.

Just recently my wife got the good news that work days would now be two hours long in an effort to give everyone in the shift cycle a chance to work. times are tough indeed, but we are strong people. Time's will get better and these hardships we all face will be nothing but a fractured fairy tale someday.

You know, ya take the good, ya take the bad you take them both and blahh blahh.... I guess i'm not feeling it as much as some would in my place, heck, as long as my family is fed, and we have a roof over our heads, and some light to read by, thats all I really need. I sure cant recall a time when things have been so critical before though.

Good news is a rare thing in this day and age, really for anyone.

I dont want the first person to come in here with pity. The strong dont need pity, We are all in some way or another feeling this and it's not fair to complain or expect pity. I submit The Good news thread, in this place we dont share pity or sorrow stories.

In this Thread we remember how lucky we are to have what we still do possess and we count our fortunes because of that while recognizing that not all of us may be so fortunate. I suppose my good news for the day, would be my brand new nephew who was born very sick on december 12'th had made a full recovery and has already spoken his first word, "okay so it may have been gas but I could have swore he said unc" either way it will forever remain his first word and to hell and damnation with all whom say otherwise

on a side note, I was cleaning out my car and I found this really neat mp3 player, called a zen stone, it's pretty cool 2g, I have no clue who it belongs to, So untill someone steps up to claim it. it's now shadowprophets. i'm tempted to keep it. it's realy neat, But I question the morality of that. is it really so different from stealing to find something and never return it to it's rightful owner,

So i've got that morality issue to contend with. anyway. i'll end this post by saying. Thing's in retrospect couldn't be better for me. I still have all the people in my life that are important to me. and if thats not enough to begin counting blessings, then I wouldn't know what is.

I encourage others to share their good news, in a time like today when every kind of news one hears is so negitive
    just to be able to tip the scales in ones favor is a blessing in it's own right,

Brother Shades,

What a cool idea for a thread, Shades.
    I tip my hat to thee.
    I'll add my little bit here then.
    On Saturday Night a group consisting of myself, my wife Lorraine and some of our very good friends will be hitting the town.
    The kicker is we are all dressed as Smurfs. Yep. Smurfs. Bright blue body paint, white pants, blond wigs for the girls, and smurf hats.
    The weird thing is I can't wait to go!!!

Blog Entries

Right now I am using my Eee Pc 900 with a brand spanking new runcore SSD and it is blisteringly fast. Thats my good news and I'm quite happy about it.

i started looking for old friends that i had not seen in years and already found 3 of them :3

Despite the bad economy, I got an hourly raise of 50 cents at my job. I still have friends, a computer, a TV, and some great games to play on it as well.

America has had recessions, depressions, etc, and I know we'll pull through once more.

EDIT: On top of that, I'm going to be able to replace my TV that died last Saturday. Rest assured, it's not HD as I most certainly don't have the money for something like that, but it's a steal at $25.
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; January 20th, 2009 at 22:06.

DCEmu Pro

I like your post. I think you should ask your wife and children and their and your friends if they know anything about the Zen Stone; if not, keep it without any morality issues.

I'm going through rough times myself, but I'm reading self-help books and just today started to get professional help, so it will work out.

On a good note, I just accidentally dropped my laptop on the floor while it was running, but it doesn't seem affected by it in the slightest. Cool.

Also, the two most tiresome days of the week are over, and on Saturday, I'm celebrating Burns supper with the Bergen Pipe Band and will eat haggis.
    Last edited by blackrave; January 20th, 2009 at 22:56.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

I like this idea... so....

TOPIC STICKIED!
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab View Post
    I like this idea... so....

TOPIC STICKIED!
    Good call!

DCEmu Pro

I just had physical education. We played volleyball, and two friends and I got a new class record; 114 ball passes. Then, my team won the match. That made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby View Post
    Good call!
    I agree.

Get N or get out. Blue Protoman's Avatar

-Obama is finally in office.
    -I just got DC homebrew working.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information