Thread: The PSP2 'Coming Soon' and Featuring a Touchscreen?

Blog Entries

psp The PSP2 'Coming Soon' and Featuring a Touchscreen?

According to IGN, the next incarnation of the PSP is on its way. And it's taking a few design cues from the iPhone. (Their words, really!)

IGN has learned from several credible sources that the PSP 2 is indeed on the horizon, and will be packing multi-touch technology. According to our sources, the PSP 2 will feature a widescreen multi-touch interface comparable to that of the iPhone for both in-game control and menu navigation.

The point of the touchscreen controlling in-game features is a big one, signaling that this is not the PSP-4000 we're talking about but a full-fledged PSP2. (Hardware revisions that will wildly affect gameplay are reserved for new platforms.) It's also fairly believable since Sony put the option into a recent customer poll.

Of course, IGN's release dates of "coming soon" and "on the horizon" have widely varied connotations. To me, that could mean "next week" or "next decade."

http://i.gizmodo.com/5139947/the-psp...-a-touchscreen

They say iPhone but what they're really trying to say is DS.

I'm not a fanboy or anything, but over the years I've seen Sony take from Nintendo so much it isn't even funny. Nintendo makes the Analog stick. Sony follows shortly after. Nintendo creates a rumble feature in controllers. Sony follow shortly there after. Nintendo makes motion sensitive controls... Sony is right behind them. Still, should be interesting to see how Sony will incorporate all this into their new portable.

Thread Information