Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New PSP firmwire icons shown (not yet release) + Compatability with PS3

Quote Originally Posted by jwilds73
    I haven't yet seen anything that makes me want to upgrade. And since I will not upgrade past 2.0 for the forseeable future this means I will not be buying any new games that require an OS beyond 2.0.
    that means no more new games for you then all of the new games are 2.50 get a second psp

DCEmu Newbie

I think its wishful thinking, probably a stunt to promote the sales of PSP. Compatability with PS3 !!!

Makes you think.???

I'm Sorry But This Just SCREAMS!!! Fake :P

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist
    its actually quite simple... all they need to do is restrict UMD access and allow everything else! im 16 and i figured that out......
    How would you play a purchased game without UMD access?

lol pach, i was just going to say that, you can limit the umd usage, but hey! that will just make people download the games for free

its definatly NOT fake.

I read on engadget that the psp would be offering a WIDER array of mulitmedia interconnection with your living room devices, and other quasi compatible products.

I figure its NOT out of the question that there would be a newer firmware given to BIG companies to dev with for that CES show that was in las vegas a week or 2 ago?

I saw like 10 displays featured with the toshiba gigabeat S IN action, and its not coming out for another month.

so rest assured theres a new firmware coming soon, if for NO other reason than to support those 8 gigabyte MS sticks that are coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet
    Edit.. upon actuelly closely examineing the pic very carefully.
    Those are supposed to be ps3 connectivity options. Its was silly of me to make a concousion jump like that without looking very carefuly at the pic.
    Also This pic. Yeah. I believe its fake.
    My opinion, Is sony wouldnt send out of pic of a psp with finger sumdge, esily seen micro scratches and grime on it.(plainly some fans psp) Look very carefully and you can see.
    Sony would have a shiny new psp, Not some smudgy worn from use psp for there product apeal.. I mean seriously. how easy is it to fake a psp screen shot with the photo viewer built right into the psp anyway.
    Secondly, the dude that posted right under this post is right. The pic the psp is displaying is clearly photoshoped and poorly at that,
    The quality of the image the glare on the screen, all attempts to hide the poorly photoshoped truth.
    The caption says that the PSP seen was at the CES.. the magazine I'm sure took the photo itself, and in fact, I'd bet that the hand in the photo is that of the author or photographer from the mag (or another press member at the show). That being said, I would imagine that the firmware actually exists, most gaming magazines are at least SOMEWHAT reputable.

Please guys, stop jumping to conclusions like that without studying the material a little more closely...

Talking So the proclimation is

That the psp in the pic was? a hands on unit at the CES??
    That would explain the mileage on the psp unit itself.
    Because I was about to bring to atention that with that supposedly being offical sony firmware, Some fan isnt going to be able to get a copy ahead of its release date.

The only possible solution for this to be real at all would be if that was a pic for a demonstartion to how the psp would work in conjunction with the ps3.
    However, I still have my doubts.

If this is the real deal, How come the leak comes from these guys?
    And not some even more reputible gameing mag. like Egm?

But really by the time everything is said and done. Real or fake new firmware or not. Im still not feeling it.

Im just not worried about updateing.
    If sony thinks people are gonna give up homebrew just so they can have a psp/ps3 hybrid love child. Think again.

There will be two types of people that update to this ps3 connectivity firmware. Those that thought the gamecube/gba connectivity was a great idea (which is like maybe three people total) And those people fortunate enough to have never experienced the flop that was gamecube/gba connectivity.

Not to mention those are the very same people you will hear from three weeks after the update.
    IS THERE A EXPLOIT FOR THE 2.70 FIRMWARE YET, I CANT PLAY HOMEBREW!
    Asking things like whens it gonna happen ?
    Will it ever happen ?
    Is there a way to downgrade?
    Cause ultimately, The psp/ps3 connectivity wont be the dream solution people are hopeing for, It will be a gimic, like other attempts before it.

*Trust me the reason I bare down so hard on this issue is because sony is betting the farm that ps3 connectivity will all but destroy the psp homebrew front.. Its sad.

Sony is evil, and after its all said and done, There will be few people left that will be able to play homebrew in the end.

I will be one of those people

*ps it took you longer to read this post then it did for me to write it so dont ask why my posts are so long

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie2280
    it must be fake what happend to game/music/network menus
    they're probly farther over on the right...i'd say this look pretty real. All I got to say is that no feature sony can cook up will make me want to upgrade from 1.50 (unless of course the PSP makes waffles....yummy waffles)

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by p4ch3c0
    How would you play a purchased game without UMD access?
    smartasses lol..... ok... restrict manual UMD use

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information