Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New PSP firmwire icons shown (not yet release) + Compatability with PS3

PSP Coder

Default New PSP firmwire icons shown (not yet release) + Compatability with PS3

Just saw this a sony psp forums.

They posted pictures of the PSP with new features that are ment to be compatible with PS3. This is obviously a system update. Heres the scan

Since, this has not confirm real or not, so I let the web master/ mr wraggster to decide whether to post to the "PSP News Forum"/Frontpage

hm...its questionable...but how else can a psp communicate with a ps3?
    unless a coder makes an app...............i dont no....
    sony is just tryin to make the scene shut down again...

DCEmu Regular

Sony is always in production of new Firmware, not just to stop all Homebrew development, but occasionally to actually add new features (Imagine that!). That's probably just beta firmware with features only a PSP programmer will ever seen. For one thing, those icons look nearly identical. I doubt real firmware would have icons that look so much alike.

DCEmu Newbie

actual useful features ??? that would be awesome, like the one that made homebrew (temporarely ) impossible on 2.01 and up

Those new icons have to do with the new streaming media functions of the PSP I believe... Sony has already announced this feature a while back. It is just a matter of time before it is released in US firmware form, so I suspect a new update will be released soon.

- Psychondrius

I haven't yet seen anything that makes me want to upgrade. And since I will not upgrade past 2.0 for the forseeable future this means I will not be buying any new games that require an OS beyond 2.0.

Thumbs up Video options.

I believe the dude that mentioned it was right.
    streaming video from one psp to another.
    one for sending/receveing for both stream and full file transfer.
    Possible other options.

But if the newest firmware update only offeres a few video options like that and no real update to browser support,
    Thats not going to apeal enough to me to worry about it.

And like was mentioned before,
    The psp's ps3 connectivity features would have to be included in a firmware update at some point.
    I just always figured the firmware update for those features would be released real simmilerly to the ps3 launch.

I wont deny those are interesting features, Still not interesting enough to want me to even begin to give thought to giveing up homebrew.
    Damn thats just a sad effort on sonys part , laughible almost

Edit.. upon actuelly closely examineing the pic very carefully.
    Those are supposed to be ps3 connectivity options. Its was silly of me to make a concousion jump like that without looking very carefuly at the pic.
    Also This pic. Yeah. I believe its fake.
    My opinion, Is sony wouldnt send out of pic of a psp with finger sumdge, esily seen micro scratches and grime on it.(plainly some fans psp) Look very carefully and you can see.
    Sony would have a shiny new psp, Not some smudgy worn from use psp for there product apeal.. I mean seriously. how easy is it to fake a psp screen shot with the photo viewer built right into the psp anyway.
    Secondly, the dude that posted right under this post is right. The pic the psp is displaying is clearly photoshoped and poorly at that,
    The quality of the image the glare on the screen, all attempts to hide the poorly photoshoped truth.

it must be fake what happend to game/music/network menus

maybe sony might have finaly got a brain tho, ya never realy know, one of thesse days sony might just break down and let us play our homebrew, but the problem is that there is panzys out there that just download the games and play them for free. . . . so i dont know how it might be possible to make a firmware that would let you play homebrew, but no iso's. . . . . but hey, ya never do know lets just hope for the time being they add somthing useful, and make homebrew playable like the good ole 1.0 firmware. . .
    and if you look at the pic above, it has a memory stick inside a box with the symbol for WiFi so my guess would be they add a file trasfer system, dont know what else tho, maybe they will finaly make that POS Ifrared trasmition useful, in all the time psp has been out it has never had a purpose (that we know of) other then of course the remote app that was released, but sony has never used it for anything. . . . .

Edit:
    and as shadowprophet said, he thinks its a fake, well this looks to come out of a magazine, and not accualy a sony production at all, so therefor, yea sony might use a new psp, but these people didnt. . . aswell the fact that this was a story on PS3 and BluRay not even for PSP so it was probobly an add in later on, but maybe not. .

and yea, i am violating your trademark shadowprophet . . . check it out!

JMan420

DCEmu Pro

its actually quite simple... all they need to do is restrict UMD access and allow everything else! im 16 and i figured that out......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information