Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jilted Bob's Game creator fights back by littering

Blog Entries

NDS Jilted Bob's Game creator fights back by littering

If you somehow managed to watch the video we've posted after the jump without reading this wall of text, you may be befuddled as to why we've posted a video of The Cure frontman Robert Smith gleefully vandalizing the Nintendo World store in NYC. Little do you know that the combat-booted troublemaker featured in the video is none other than Bob Pelloni, the jilted sole creator of Bob's Game, whom Nintendo is still refusing to sell a software development kit to. Gee, we can't imagine why.

Pelloni's assault on Nintendo World took place on "Stage 50" of his 100-day sit-in protest (the rules of which can apparently be bent to allow for a brief littering excursion). He and his accomplices plastered the store's walls in Bob's Game posters, covered the floor with business cards, and filled store shelves with mock-up game cases. Given this latest desperate attention grab, and the fact that his once-humble development blog currently shows Pelloni consorting with aliens, we're guessing he's exchanged his game development ambitions for fleeting e-lebrity status. What a shame.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/01/ji...-by-littering/

Seriously. This sort of thing does not spread attention, it just makes you look stupider.

why doesnt he just say screw it and get a dev kit from the underground? I see his point in wanting to get it out there into gen pop, but really doesnt he see that big N is all about the greens....

Nintendo will never go anywhere near him now, not after all this. If he doesn't release it to the homebrew community nobody will ever get a chance to play it.

DCEmu Rookie

does nintendo not want to make money? not like they need to, but hell they should just give the guy a dev kit and licence the game and make money.

Sure the guy is an attention $#@!, but I don't understand nintendo's logic. The Big N has nothing to lose, and i can think of 1000 games that look a lot crappier than this one.

Have him arrested, that would make a funny story too.

The guy seems quite unbearable. Every time I hear about him now its pulling some silly little stunt like this. It infuriates me and the more he does the less time i got for him.

Is this all just a Hoax or something?
    I've seen the videos of the game, but i can't believe that an actual thinking human being can act the way he does.

DCEmu Rookie

Sadly now we'll never see this game, and I'd wanted to have a playthrough.

I hope Nintendo security roughed the little buggers up.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelloydpugh View Post
    i can't believe that an actual thinking human being can act the way he does.
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by juiceface View Post
    does nintendo not want to make money? not like they need to, but hell they should just give the guy a dev kit and licence the game and make money.

Sure the guy is an attention $#@!, but I don't understand nintendo's logic. The Big N has nothing to lose, and i can think of 1000 games that look a lot crappier than this one.
    Originaly they probably thought the production costs would be greater than the sales profit... Now its worse. Hes on the tip of being considered a possibly dangerous criminal, i mean what next?!? Aparently last time police raided his house after he faked his own death!!! I mean nintendo's rep would shatter if they worked with him. i mean this is crazy, i mean how will annoying nintendo make it more likely for his game to be published, also with that personality, what the hell would the game be like?!? I meannintendo probably didnt accept it to start with FOR A REASON. If he does release it then it wont be fun anyway, i mean youd know the whole time that a type of person like bob had made it! That wouldnt sell well. Nintendo will not and therefore should not EVER THINK of accepting this game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information