Team DST works probably already some months on the completion of a MOD chip for the PSP. Now the first publication lines up soon - so to team DST. The chip does not to require soldering work - according to original text however the exchange/adaptlation of some cables on the Main board.... however THAT is supposed to work without soldering - and everything which is needed is in the package. With the chip u are able to play imported video UMDs (thus all regions), as well as Homebrew (= self-written) software - no matter what firmware is installed.
Detailted feature list of the MOD chip:
- Controle over screen and input of the PSP
- separate from the Main board
- own workspace
- own 88MHz processor
- two memory cores (permits extensions)
- software chip is open SOURCE
- complete internally
- permits imported video UMDs to play
- launch without the the PSP software/firmware:
1.Homebrew mode: Permits starting software of the MEMORY stick
2.Normal mode: Permits own features of the chip and the code of the
- CPU Overclocking to 365iMHz, whch can damage the CPU! Thus not to
- over an extra cable u can attach a USB HDD directly to the chip. This is
however only from the chip available, not from the PSP system.
- complete guidance - needs a usual clock battery, which will be contained in
The first charge of chips is going to change its owner starting from the 19.November with eBay (US) for $22,99.... Now only one question arises: Is that genuine everything, or again only a Fake as some time ago with the Downgrader? Some speaks against it - others for it.