Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for those that have Street Fighter IV

Acorn Electron User

Default Questions for those that have Street Fighter IV

To all those with a now painful dose of RSI after a heavy evening of Street Fighter IV - how's it been? Does it live up to the high marks it's been receiving or is nostalgia taking over? I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting the game but I'm wondering if it really is anything more than a case of emperor's new clothes.

After all, I already have the Xbox SF Anniversary Collection and Soul Calibur IV for 360 and whilst I enjoy and have enjoyed some of the various SF games, and a handful of other Capcom 2D fighters on the Dreamcast, I'm not particularly good at them. Is it worth the plunge and does SF IV offer anything more than before, graphics and focus moves aside? I've been seeing lots of 10/10 type reviews but they seem over enthusiastic to my cynical mind.

If you have just got the game and have a spare mo, I'd love to know what you make of the game.

Ta.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

My friend been playing it all night, says it great, but I think he was a SF2 fan back on the snes. I never got into SF2 back in the day, and dispite paying a few SF's since then (including SF2 HD), I have have never really got into it.

As a longtime Street Fighter fan, my advice wouldn't be all that helpful to you. I myself don't have the game... yet, but I will get it soon. The only thing holding me back right now is my Xbox 360 (atrocious d-pad, rrod's sometimes).

I'm probably going to get it whenever I get PS3. Both Street Fighter IV and 2THDR had better reviews on it, and the Playstation d-pad is still great.

I'd recommend you get it even if you're not big on the series. It has some great review scores so far. And if you have a good 360, just get that controller that resembles the Saturn's or just get the arcade sticks.

Acorn Electron User

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    ...he was a SF2 fan back on the snes.
    I do have fond memories of the SNES version too as it was the first time I'd played the game. One of my pals at school had got it (I think it was SFII Turbo) and we went round to his house to play it quite a bit. Needless to say we were pretty poor, but getting that first fireball to work was a joy and at least the matches were close when everybody was at a similar skill level.

I took the SFIII on the Anniversary Collection online a while ago and got my arse handed to me. That's partly what's putting me off SFIV but I'll probablt cave in and get it for old times sake.

I had SF2 HD Beta, got my ass handed to me in 5 sec every round

It seems that the Xbox version of SF IV seems to be a little bit better than the ps3 version (quicker loading times, superior lighting, higher resolution textures, 2x multisampling edge smoothing, and the ps3 version is missing a few details e.g boat reflections in the water etc),

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fa...article?page=1

Still not a huge difference......

Acorn Electron User

Yeah, I read the comparison over at Eurogamer too. It sounds like there's not too much difference when it's in motion and you wouldn't expect it when a game that can run on modest PC specs appears on consoles with the capabilities that they have.

I might wait for a price drop.

Thanks to you two for responding. I thought there may have been more people into SF round here. Maybe they're too busy playing the game

I think Baboon is a big street fighter fan, you could send him a pm, i'm guessing he did not see this thread

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...post2148183936

Acorn Electron User

Just have, hopefully he'll offer some feedback. It would good to get his views.
    Last edited by beetroot bertie; February 25th, 2009 at 12:10.

@Beetroot: You can't compare this to Soul Calibur IV... this is the reall deal mate!

The game is fantastic! Its easy to pick up and play and really seems pretty much flawlses online (I've yet to experience any lag in a game)!

Its taken me a while to get used to the new style graphics but I have finaly come round now and can appreciate them - but at first I just wasn't sure of the art style (I personaly much perfered the look of tatsunoko vs capcom). ..the good thing is though that even with the funky graphics the game does fit in well to the SF universe and it really plays just like how SF should.

I went round a mates house last weekend to watch the UFC but we instead spent about 4 hours canning SFIV! lol

I find the moves on SFIV much more forgiven compared to HD remix. I seem to be able to pull off what I want to do now everytime, but I would advise getting a pad or stick (I already had a hori ex2 but I also invested on the fightpad and although not quite as good as the original Saturn pad its is pretty close) seeing as the standard 360 pad just deosn't cut it for anything thats not a fps. lol

I've been trying to get another fightpad but it looks like the pads (and sticks) have sold out worldwide... I'm just eagerly waiting for sites to start taking pre-orders again.

I knew SFIV was going to be good though as about a week before the games launch my brother rang me from the London arcade 'Chocadero' and said that they had the game and that there was a que of about 20 people putting money down waiting to get on it! lol ...which is something unheard of now-a-days.

Seriously get this game though! ...its £29.95 well spent!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...20fighter%20IV

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...20fighter%20IV
    Last edited by Baboon; February 25th, 2009 at 21:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information