Thread: OT -New Retro Console Released

Blog Entries

Default OT -New Retro Console Released

SuccessHK have on their site (cool stuff section) a new handheld console, that plays retro games that come in cartridges of up to 25 games on 1 cartridge, heres more info:

The 2.5'' crystal display adapting the most advanced Low-Temperaure Poly Silicon technology which provide the user with 960x240 high-resolution color images. The user-friendly multimedia platform support Play-On-TV function. Plug it on TV for clearer and wider images*. Simple but streamlined product design will make your hands stuck on it. It only weight 75 grams. Strict manufacturing procedure guarantees higher reliability and safety.
    *Not all cartridges have this feature. NTSC/PAL cabe selected in particular cartridges setup
    3 AAA batteries are required(Not included)
    Cartridge is not included

The console sells for $35 and the game cartridges are $8 for the 8 bit games and $10 for the 16 bit ones.

Not a PSP rival but for retro fans it may be worth a looky.

DCEmu Rookie

looks extremely cool. would be a good birthday gift or something. however, i wonder if they're obtaining licenses to sell those roms or if it's illegal cartridges?

DCEmu Newbie

dont you hate reading of a specific product
    then get a link to the entire web site instead of that product
    and by the time you got there
    it got tugged back three layers deep?

or is this just a case of the comission code-link?

either way, it is a hassle!

DCEmu Regular

Isn't that one of those Super-Illegal ones with the copy-righted ROM's they stole? I've seen alot of systems like that from Hong Kong. They change the title screen of the game and somehow claim it as their own. Also, they say they have 25, 50, 100 games, but really they just have 20 versions of 5 games with different colors. Not only are these systems completely illegal, but they're total junk too. Poorly made, hastily manufactured, and destined to died in a few days of use. I hope those things arn't being promoted on this website. That's a good way to get in trouble.

the funny thing is, they sell those illegal ones at kiosks in malls around here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSMoke
    They change the title screen of the game and somehow claim it as their own.
    yeah, it's one of those. why did this warrant posting?

No offense i am a big fan of retro games but a system that dedicates it self to retro games. that sounds pretty lame.

SUCCESS-HK (POSSIBLE SCAM, DEFINATELY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE)

I've been dying to let someone know, that Success-Hk has some seriously questionable practices. Over Christmas when I placed an order, they demanded my bank account, credit card, and photo Id scanned and sent them. I'm not making this up. It took over two weeks to convince them to either send me my order, or cancel it and return my money. (oh yeah the cash had cleared the card when they were asking for these scans of my personal documents.
    I rightly told them where to go.
    (I DID GET MY REFUND)
    I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER!!! (again)
    true story

Thread Information