It has been a great ride thus far working with other talented Developers, Testers, Mod Creators and Players. I tell you this community has surpassed my every hope! Though I was not around in the beginning of OpenBOR, I sure will be around for a very long time!!!

So the time has come for another engine release (Windows Only, Consoles are to soon follow), but not just any release.... Its OpenBOR v3.0 So without any further delay here are the details for this release.

New Features:

Stereo Support
Menu Redesign
BGM Player for BoR Audio
Internal Restructuring of video mode handling

Bug Fixes:

To many to list....lol
All Memory Leaks fixed.
Enhanced Error handling greater Stability.

Here are a few Notes about v3.0 that everyone should read as well.

1. Support for Video.txt has changed. Forcemode command no-longer exists. We nolonger allow for video mode switching on the fly. Only Scaling and Filtering adjustments can be made. We have also removed some supported resolution while adding new ones to the list. So be prepared if old modules no longer work or the engine does not startup correctly. Just unpack the modules and update the value for the respective resolution.

2. Just as a reminder for all you new and existing Mod Creators. Don't forget to download the newer version of Wav2BoR v1.1. The reason for that upgrade was Stereo Support. You can test your BOR audio files with the built in BGM Player in OpenBOR v3.0, Just create a new PAK file and place your music.bor in the music directory and repack the module.

/data/music/*.bor

Or...

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=2503.0